Very angry Audi Owner

lespaul

Reaction score
Well,

I bought an Audi cos I thought they were good cars. This was in January this year. Since then my car has been back in not once not twice but a total of four time and is due to go back again.
It's a 2.0 tdi 170 Sline SE. Nice car when it's going.

First of call the DMFW went and was changed under warranty. It had two visits for that, a week in total. Then back again for a brand new turbo fitted under warranty two visits for that too. Also the rear suspension was down on one side by about 20mm and I was told that this needed new shocks. Not done under warranty but Audi UK and I paid for half each.

So for the 16 weeks I have had it it's been in for at least 2 if not more

Now.....got the car back yesterday and Turbo still making a noise or wastegate, rear shocks not made a bit of difference so it's still down on one side. And get this driving to work this morning and the poxy oil low warning light came on!!!! Checked the dipstick and not really registering oil on it.

Called Audi uk back. Got an OMG leave it with me.

Have I wasted a load of money or just got a bad one?

normal oil use how many miles

from the garage to my work...about 40, assuming they changed the oil at the time they did the turbo. Or about 4000 miles if not.

they prob didnt change it
4000 is around right but some do and some dont
i ment how many miles on the car

You've got a bad one if anything.

This could be the begining of problems, or the end. Just hang in there!

What year is your car?

Sept 2007, dont get me wrong it's lush to drive and I seem to get better MPG from it than most get from their 170s. Shame really.

shock absorbers dont determine ride height.

Hope you have better luck soon with her mate. Its a horrible feeling when everything always goes wrong for you.

Well letter went off to Audi UK today. I'm not holding my breath mind.

shock absorbers dont determine ride height.
thats spot on its the springs that determine ride height if all the springs are of equal length then i would look for damage at the top of the suspension turets or in the lower bottom arm bush although this is very unlikely

sounds like ur jus unlucky with it i was the same with my old celica GT4 loads of people told me they were great b4 i bought it n when i got the problems jus kept coming jus hang in there sure audi uk will get it sorted for you ASAP

as for the ride hieght as said above check the springs insted of the shocks then the mounting points etc

hope it works out for you soon keep us posted