New Brake Set Up

D2NY G

Reaction score
Alright Guys,

New to the site so thought id start off with my cars first set of mod's

After having my Audi A4 B7 remapped now running 193.8bhp / 289.7lbft thanks to the lads at stattler in attercliffe, I thought about upgrading my current brake set up

So i got my self some drilled and grooved discs, which are coated in black so once used the grooves and drill holes will keep the black colour, couple this with some green stuff pads front and rear with nice and shiney painted red calipers and the set up looks quite smart

Anyway heres the pics,

Picture001-4.jpg

Picture002-5.jpg

Picture003-4.jpg

so its a tdi ?
are you in sheffield
pic ov the car

Very nice mate, they look the same as mine but i have the silver discs with redstuff pads.

dscf0971f.jpg

dscf0987o.jpg

dscf0976s.jpg

bez - yeah was a 140 TDI and yes im from sheffield lad, got no pics on works computer but gunna wash it and get some banged on at the weekend

dazmo - looking mint that pal, i settled wi greenstuff in the end up to 200bhp arnt they

Are those MTEC brake discs?

I had Red Stuff pads and EBC drilled/grooved disc's on my last car which was a Civic Type R, and I hated them. They sounded all grindy and squeeky, especially at low speed braking. I hear lots of good things about the EBC pads though so I was a little confused.

Yes mate they are MTEC discs.

Pretty damn good value too, the only thing i dont like about the red stuff pads is that they seem to eat the discs as they are a very harsh pad.

I have started to notice a little brake fade too, especially when braking from high speed, but this is mainly when they have not been heated up properly.

I have also upgraded the brake lines with custom made braided lines from Graham Goode and overall the setup is much better than standard, but its like anything after a while you get used to it and want something better.

Pound for pound, its much cheaper than upgrading the size of the discs or the calipers and the best part is all these discs, pads, lines dont affect my insurance as all they are insterested in is the size of the brakes!

heres a few pics, not bin online over holiday

Picture027.jpg

my brother got it all buffed and mint, old alloys on they have been sold took centre caps off so noone pinched them before the sale lol

Heres how the car is now,

Picture028.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture030.jpg

The RS6 alloys are also now up for sale! genuine so let me know

Was on the phone with Mtec myself today gonna get a set myself Tom