Juddering when pulling off

Timmy

Reaction score
Hi all.

i have just purchased a Audi A4 cabroilet 2006 from a car supermarket. Really pleased with the car however there is an intermittent juddering when pulling off in first gear. It goes from the extreme of making the car shake to not doing it atall. When I picked it up thought it was my poor clutch control becase I have been driving auto's for a while. Does anyone have any ideas what this can be and how much to sort it out please.....

could be the DMFW clutch

Yup DMFW, I had mine replaced under warranty. I asked Audi how much it would of cost and they said 'don't ask'. Mind you mine only did it when cold and once the car was warm was fine.

a lot of fwd A4 judder when pulling off, especially at an angle, known fault and dissapears when tyres are nearly new. When worn down a bit (but still within the limits) it starts to do it. I had this on my old one.

DMFW - about £1100, just had mine done under warranty, the judder occurred when accerelating hard in any gear, you also get a feeling of being hit sidewards by strong wind when sat idle...

Reactions: steviekill
Cheers Razza. Taking it on Thursday morning so I hope it goes well...

mine did this only when cold audi changed the clutch release bareing, problem solved

Hi

Is it worse when pulling away with little revs and when engine is hotter?

Does sound like dmf, had it on my cab, costs about £1200 to sort. Need new dmf and clutch, will cost more through main dealer.

Craig