What's the delivery time on yours??

alpit1

Reaction score
Ordered an '05 A4 on the 5th Nov '04. Was told delivery would be mid to late January 2005. Have now found out today (from Audi UK head office, not my dealer) that I will not get the car until May!!!

What experience have you guys got on delivery times? This will (eventually!!) be my first Audi and I'm amazed at the wait, have waiting times always been the same on Audi's?

The car I've ordered is a 2.0 TDI with multitronic. Only options I've had are GSM phone kit, center armrest, cruise control, boot opener, moro blue paint. Not to extra-ordinary I wouldn't have thought!!!

It would be good to hear your thoughts and experiences.

Regards. AL

My 2.0Tdi was ordered on 18th November and arrives in mid. Feb. It's a manual, S-line, with CD changer and Bose in Brilliant Black.

Some years ago I ordered a 90-20V in the first week of January and got it in mid-May. I think that my mistake was ordering a car without a sunroof (which were all the rage in 1990!).

Did you consider DSG instead of Multitronic?

Hi El D

Mid Feb......you're making me jealous! I can't believe a multitronic box can make such a difference to the delivery date! Did your dealer give you an exact date, with a build week, or do they just 'think' it will be delivered in feb? Have they confirmed this date?

DSG would be great, but I wasn't told I could have it (I didn't ask them though!) Is it available on an A4, or just on the 3.2 TT?

Thx's for the reply

It's currently only available on transverse engined cars. i.e. TT and A3.

That'll be why I wasn't told I could have it then!

Next Tuesday. Ordered an avant whenever they started taking bookings however there have been a few saloons about round my way. Haven't seen any wagons yet.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi El D

Mid Feb......you're making me jealous! I can't believe a multitronic box can make such a difference to the delivery date! Did your dealer give you an exact date, with a build week, or do they just 'think' it will be delivered in feb? Have they confirmed this date?

DSG would be great, but I wasn't told I could have it (I didn't ask them though!) Is it available on an A4, or just on the 3.2 TT?

Thx's for the reply

[/ QUOTE ]

Confirmed... (dot, dot, dot...)...

ordered on jan 10th and have received confirmed delivery to the dealer for pdi on the 4th of march
car is an 05 a4 1.9tdi s line
mauritius blue with optional five spoke 18"
bose and some other interior mods and sports seats with alcantara
dave
you think this is a long wait a freind recently waited 5 months for his freelander, was told the wait was due to him requiring leather fitting!!

Received last Wednesday. Ordered end October.

2.0tdi s-line avant
silver
graphite /black leather
18" 9 spoke wheels.

v.nice especially with facette aluminium decor strips.
Last 2 items thrown in free by Audi for pre-march registration- better than a kick in the nuts!

Just ordered an S4 Avant, looking at May delivery at the moment