JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Rns-e advice please

Hi all,
    I'm looking to pick up an intergrated iPod solution for the rns-e, I'm thinking of the alpine kce 425i, anybody got any other options?
    Also the rumour's are that I need a multimedia interface and recode to allow it to work. Is that correct?

Please help

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi all, have I been a noob and done something incorrect , or is it just me? No one is replying to my posts and or my PM's .. Is anybody out there??

4th Gear

Status
    Im here

Just give people a chance to respond.... id also post this in the ICE section.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by windymiller View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm looking to pick up an intergrated iPod solution for the rns-e, I'm thinking of the alpine kce 425i, anybody got any other options?
    Also the rumour's are that I need a multimedia interface and recode to allow it to work. Is that correct?

Please help
    The KCE-425i is IMHO the best option for a proper iPod interface.

Unless you have the Audi TV tuner fitted then you definitely DO need a mutlimedia interface (the Kufatec IMA Plus is the best bet as you can get it in a version that will let the RNS-E control the KCE-425i).
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reply! Shame is they seem a bit few and far between, shows discontinued on many peoples websites! What's this I hear about the coding for the stereo? And is that all I need ( kuratec ima and the alpine?) I also like idea of video in and out, does
    The kuratec do that as well? Sorry to ask so many questions!! I wanted to get someone to take care of it for me but noone has replied
    To my emails yet ! so thinking of getting my hands dirty
    Lol

Neutral

Status
    Hi Windymiller, if you're interested I'm about to off load a Kufatec IMA plus matching Kufatec wiring harness. I also have the Rhapsody Media Player, which I had connected to the IMA that I'm also considering selling. I had these fitted to my A4 and allowed me to control the media (music and video) from the RNS-E controls.

I hope I'm not breaking forum rules here by posting this but if you're interested I'll repost in the classified section.
    Last edited by BigRD; 17th April 2011 at 18:42.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself"