Rns-e advice please

windymiller

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking to pick up an intergrated iPod solution for the rns-e, I'm thinking of the alpine kce 425i, anybody got any other options?
Also the rumour's are that I need a multimedia interface and recode to allow it to work. Is that correct?

Please help :)

Hi all, have I been a noob and done something incorrect , or is it just me? No one is replying to my posts and or my PM's .. Is anybody out there??
:crying:

Im here :)

Just give people a chance to respond.... id also post this in the ICE section.

Hi all,
I'm looking to pick up an intergrated iPod solution for the rns-e, I'm thinking of the alpine kce 425i, anybody got any other options?
Also the rumour's are that I need a multimedia interface and recode to allow it to work. Is that correct?

Please help :)
The KCE-425i is IMHO the best option for a proper iPod interface.

Unless you have the Audi TV tuner fitted then you definitely DO need a mutlimedia interface (the Kufatec IMA Plus is the best bet as you can get it in a version that will let the RNS-E control the KCE-425i).

Thanks for the reply! Shame is they seem a bit few and far between, shows discontinued on many peoples websites! What's this I hear about the coding for the stereo? And is that all I need ( kuratec ima and the alpine?) I also like idea of video in and out, does
The kuratec do that as well? Sorry to ask so many questions!! I wanted to get someone to take care of it for me but noone has replied
To my emails yet ! ;) so thinking of getting my hands dirty
Lol

Hi Windymiller, if you're interested I'm about to off load a Kufatec IMA plus matching Kufatec wiring harness. I also have the Rhapsody Media Player, which I had connected to the IMA that I'm also considering selling. I had these fitted to my A4 and allowed me to control the media (music and video) from the RNS-E controls.

I hope I'm not breaking forum rules here by posting this but if you're interested I'll repost in the classified section.

Last edited: