Dual mass flywheel

cee-gee

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a 2006 1.8t A4 Cab, 45k on the clock and the clutch/DMF has gone.

Thinking of converting to single flywheel, has anyone else done this or have any pro's/con's regarding the change.

Any advise appreciated.

Craig

I had the same issue myself, in the end I just replaced it with a DMF and a clutch. I had it done on tuesday, it drives like a new car now

I would personally replace with a DMF. They are there for a reason and if all that extra vibration ends up in the powertrain it cant be good news!, I cant believe you would save that much money anyway, as most of the cost is labour.

im useing a smfw but stage 4
no problems with it

Opted for a like for like change, DMF & clutch. Is now like a new car :)

Interesting, seeing your comments I always thought that DMF were only fitted to diesels due to the way power is applied and NOT to petrol units!!. A lot of the performance chaps with Seat Leon's have used solid flywheel setups on both petrol and diesel [ BDUB is right, it would verbrate down the transmission line long term though with possible failures. Manufactures are looking to get rid of the DMF due to the failures and go back to solid setup and do the controlling thro the engine ECU, but I'm sure diesels are the main culprit !!

If manufacturers could save money on not fitting DMF's I'm sure they would, even a £10 saving on unit cost would equate to Millions on bottom line profit. I could be wrong but strongly think they are there for a reason.