VOLUME ADVICE

archiemac281

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me on how I adjust the volume on my radio/satnav system, when I turn the key it comes on to loud, I cant find the hand book on my satnav and have tried all sorts to sort it, any ideads chaps. Cheers (2007 S-Line Model RNS-e)

Turn the nob with the power symbol on it mate.

Turn the nob with the power symbol on it mate.

I think he means the loudness setting lol.

I was reading a bit in my manual a while back that you can have the system come on at a certain loudness everytime you switch the ignition on.

You can adjust this but I cant find my manual just now. Maybe someone else can help.

There is a setting on my Audi Concert. I can't remember what it's called though. Something like 'On-Volume'.

My RNS-E comes on at the volume it was set at when the cars turned off. Try looking/posting in the SatNav/I.C.E. section of the forum.

Thanks for all the sensible advice thus far, still cant find what I need but it would be nice to have the volume come back on at the same level it was turned off at. Still looking for inspiration as to be honest it is a little bit of a pain as it comes on loud but like the wise man said "try turning the power button" the depth of intellect on this forum is nothing less than astounding. Thanks so far chaps.

Just a suggestion and I don't know if it'll make any difference to your problem but I always leave the unit volume button at halfway and always control the volume by the steering wheel controls. Maybe even try turning the unit button to minimum, see if it helps.

You sure there's not a "on-volume" setting on the rns-e? there is on the Symphony 2+

on mine (concert) you press the menu button then hold it, and then scroll to 'volume on' or 'on volume' and change it there, not sure if it would be the same but thought it was worth while atleast letting you know

You sure there's not a "on-volume" setting on the rns-e?
There isn't - but for some people (me included) this works.

Go into Engineering Mode and select the screen that shows the volume, set that to the turn-on volume you want and turn the RNS-E off and back on.

Archie I was only trying to help, don't be bitchy about it, otherwise next time I won't even bother.

As with Dave mine is set to come on at the level the unit was turned off at, but is also linked to the key, so that should the spare key be used to start the car a different set of settings are used for the rns-e, the seats and the heating. I'll go through the menu later but I'm pretty certain that the units are set to do that by default and don't remember seeing a way to change them.

Sam.....the wise man....

Thanks for the advice, will keep on trying, was not being bitchy but in all fainess your answer(Sam W) lacked any help or direction i.e "turn it down" and I was not the only one who thought so however, sorry did not mean to offend. Thanks