2011 RNS-E DVD

Well at those prices they must be copies, no one can sell genuine DVD's at that price. Also makes me laugh as the 2011 nav disk for MMI 3G has to be activated by Audi, all disks come with an activation key and SVM code, so god knows how thay works.

Yep, I've got one a couple of weeks ago. They aren't copies, they are original spec just not sold through Audi. A few others have had them too. Check the sat nav section of the forum. Highly recommended.

They aren't copies, they are original spec just not sold through Audi.
AFAIK the DVDs are made exclusively for Audi.

Are you saying these guys buy the DVDs from the manufacturer direct cutting out Audi? I was under the inmpression that wasn't allowed under Audi's deal with Navteq?

£40 is VERY cheap, even allowing for the Audi DVD actually being a 2 DVD set (are these guys selling the 2 DVD set at £40 or is that just for a single DVD?).

Its one DVD but the majority of people only want the western Europe one.
I'm not sure about the ins and outs of any deals with Audi, but the website is very open and honest and answer any questions. I was dubious aswell but i was satisfied with their answers. I'm happy with the DVD.

Its one DVD but the majority of people only want the western Europe one.
I'm not sure about the ins and outs of any deals with Audi, but the website is very open and honest and answer any questions. I was dubious aswell but i was satisfied with their answers. I'm happy with the DVD.

Whats the disc code? want to check i dont already have this.

It's the 2011 version, it'll tell you the year on the front of yours.

Well at those prices they must be copies, no one can sell genuine DVD's at that price. Also makes me laugh as the 2011 nav disk for MMI 3G has to be activated by Audi, all disks come with an activation key and SVM code, so god knows how thay works.

YES they are copys i always use them cos of the price
you can tell its a copy the min u look at it
that been said they work perfect
i have never had a faulty 1 and iv used them at least 20 times and recomended quite a few friends
they are shipped in from outside the uk
i have no idea how the web site is still up and running tho

I got one from them last week, it's definately a copy. It also throws up a DVD unreadable message, it might be my Rns-e but it reads CD's fine so I'm waiting to hear back from them.

TBH you may have a laser issue, but stick a genuine one in & if that works, then you know its the media used buy them usually.

TBH you may have a laser issue, but stick a genuine one in & if that works, then you know its the media used buy them usually.

I can't find anyone near me with a genuine copy.

I think I do have a faulty laser, but when I bouth the unit I was told it was reconditioned. Anyway to check for sure?

I have an 07 genuine dvd if interested.

Turn the disc over - if it's blue then it's a copy, if it's silver then it's probably genuine.

Last year i bought a 2009 rnse disc on ebay, when i received it..it turned out to be a copy.(i knew this as it was £30)but they advertised it as a genuine disc!!

I had the disc read errors too, so i went to the shop personally and demanded the original or i was going to ring the police and report them for fraud, 5 mins later the manager came down, handed me the genuine disc they were using to make copies and apologised.

Cher ching one brand new genuine 2009 disc for £30.00!!

I have found that certain copies do work and others do not, my latest disc (2010) i think it is, is a copy and works fine, so im pretty sure it depends on the dics used and how it is copied that decides whether it will work or not.

A well burned copy will work OK but:

1) owning a copy only is breach of copyright and illegal.

2) copies make the laser work harder and shorten its life.

Last edited by a moderator: