Impressed!

Fireyjack

Reaction score
I must confess - I'm surprised.

I'd pre-booked my 05 Audi A4 2.0T for an MOT at my dealer a week or so back for today (Dealer, because I had the usual free MOT voucher!).

Looked at the voucher last night & realised that it was only valid if I've used Audi for servicing (which I hadn't).

Took the car in this morning and told them of my mistake & they said they'd still do it for free.

Not only that - but they said there was a recall (not safety issue) and they would replace the ignition coils FOC.

Not only that - I got my car washed and cleaned, inside and out.

What a Result!

Tim.

PS - my car did pass it's MOT too!

Sounds good. Which dealer was it?

I wonder if the coil recall applies to any other years? I have an 06 2.0t

Chris

Re the coil recall - it applies to loads of models and loads of years - it's all over the B6 and 8L boards on here!

Call your Dealer, quote recall ref 28E9 and your Reg No and they'll tell you if you qualify.

I'd also suggest reading both threads in the B6 and 8L boards for info

Yup, already had mine replaced on by 2.0t :) Lovely.

And I get free MOTs working for TPS. And cheap parts! :D

I had the same thing, dealer rang me to tell me i had a free mot, but i didnt have my service done there last year and technically being a 3.0 my car shouldnt be valid, i just didnt say anything and took it in lol.

I had the same thing, dealer rang me to tell me i had a free mot, but i didnt have my service done there last year and technically being a 3.0 my car shouldnt be valid, i just didnt say anything and took it in lol.

Engine size had nothing to do with it mate I had mine done, so did my mate with his 2.7 A6, at different dealers.

TBH dealers dont care so much if you service with them or not as they just want the failed mot work or advisories, havnt serviced mine at audi for years, but they do free mot's for me.