2.0t Wont Start.

PhilMill63

Reaction score
Hi all, I just jumped in the car to pop down the shops and it wont start, so before I pay again to have the thing towed into the garage is there anything I can look for myself??

Phil

No, it quite clearly states its a 2.0T.

Does it turn over or just click?..nothing at all? Does it sputter and try and start...what are the symptoms?

No, its a FSI. I have just called the recovery guys, poxy car has cost me £400 already and this is bound to be another 200. Warrenty is not worth the paper its written on. They don't cover diagnostic work either....

Sounds like immobiliser. Does the key still operate the remote central locking? Do you have a spare key you can try?

first stop is read the fault codes with VAGCOM this should give you a start. Even a dealer should do this for you at no cost!?

Crankshaft or camshaft sensor? or immo.would be my guess

first stop is read the fault codes with VAGCOM this should give you a start. Even a dealer should do this for you at no cost!?

what dealer do you know that does it for free ?

The one that services your car :). I report the fault they quote on repair, I say yes or no. Ok my car is still under warrantee, but I would still push for the same service after. Dealers want the work, it doesn't meant they will get it, but if they diagnose the problem and quote a reasonable price you're likely to say yes to the work. As if the diagnosis is wrong they then have to keep going until they fix it.

if the diagnosis is wrong they then have to keep going until they fix it

yes at your cost

No way! if they say it's an ECU and it costs 1K, you say ok and they replace it and it doesn't fix it, I won't pay and haven't. Try again to fix it and minus the cost of ECU and Labour from the bill. I absolutely refuse to pay for either incompetence or guess work on diagnosis, It's simple, here is the car, quote for the repair and then fix it. If its not fixed don't pay. Dealers want to make money but you have to be prepared to play hardball and don't take any crap. The last thing they want is an angry customer mouthing off in the showroom. I've personally never had to go this far, but I would do if needs be. These are great cars and sometimes serviced to sub-standards by incompetent dealers and I know of many behind the scenes stories from a friend that works for a dealer of the things that go on. If you are not happy and have a legitimate case you can go to Audi UK an they will deal with the problem. This I do know from experience. Sorry for the rant but i get so fed up with bad service. :). My last problem meant my car went back to the dealer around eight times over a period of six months until the fault was remedied and I argued that the diagnoses was way off (which it was) and refused to pay for standard service items that were not the cause of the problem. Anyway end result was lots of parts replaced at no cost, and next service free for all the hassle involved. If you want good service sometimes you have to be prepared to push for it.

Ok just for your interest, the car is back, the problem was a ****** coil pack! between me parking the car in the evening then trying to start it the next morning one coil pack had developed a dead short. Because of the short it had blown the fuse that protects the ECU so when they plugged in the diagnostic it was dead, nothing to read, each time they replaced the fuse it blew instantly. In order to hopefully not have this problem again I have now got all the coil packs replaced.
So far Audi ownership is not been good, £700 in two months for breakdowns both needed recovery trucks...

How did they establish it to be the coil pack? I have a similiar problem (car turning over but wont start) garage think it could be the key/immboliser but not sure. Would have to go to main dealer which is not exactly close by so would like to avoid towing charge and labour parts etc for a problem it may not be lol