AH FabricationsVolks Autos

Thread: 1.9TDI remap

Reverse Gear

Status

1.9TDI remap

Hey again,

as you will see im looking to buy a 1.9tdi 115bhp s line. i have been looking into remapping the engine and a4audi in glasgow are quoting the remap to give 160bhp and 297lbft, would i need to uprate the clutch or anything else?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Nope, you will be fine but find out when/if your clutch has been changed cos i think i read your looking at one with 100k on it.

the 1.9 engine is bullet proof so dont worry about that.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

4th Gear

Status
    160? isnt that pushing alot for a 115?

1st Gear

Status
    160bhp sounds a lot for the 115, they're usually mapped to around 145. The clutch should be fine as long as your fully off the clutch before you floor the accelerator and generally don't drive it like k***.

Neutral

Status
    I have had my 115 re-mapped to 149 and was told thats the max to go to keep it safe, that seems a massive increase, would be looking at a 45% increase which is quite something. Will it be done on a rolling road with a read out as there are many companies promising things they cant deliver. On the plus side it has made a huge difference to preformance but nothing to the MPG but not bother about that.

4th Gear

Status
    why is it i see more B6 models at 130bhp whilst the B7s are more common at 115bhp?
    are the B7 1.9tdi and B6 1.9tdi both 115bhp the same ore different block?

Reverse Gear

Status
    I know i'm talking about an A3 (8P) but I too have been thinking about a remap from a4audi in Glasgow with Celtic Tunning code. I have an A3 (8P) 1.9 TDI Sport 103bhp with 41000k. The remap is 150bhp/255lbft and my concern is that level of additional torque could lead to clutch slip then to a new clutch - I could put an improved clutch in aswell but that's pushing up the price.

I would rather have a custom remap similar to the VAG's 1.9tdi PD variation at 130bhp/229lbft which I feel is a safer option, will talk to them about that - I would assume this can be done on a custom remap, however what about uprated Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pump etc to deal with the extra power increase or is the stock set up the same in a 130 as the 103. I don't know.

The car really needs some extra extra boost its too sluggish and it only has 41K on the clock so it should be more than good for the reduced figures hopefully with no additional kit - think the turbo in the car is good for 160bhp.

any comments?
    Last edited by RKA3; 5th April 2011 at 01:44.