1.9TDI remap

f9aww

Reaction score
Hey again,

as you will see im looking to buy a 1.9tdi 115bhp s line. i have been looking into remapping the engine and a4audi in glasgow are quoting the remap to give 160bhp and 297lbft, would i need to uprate the clutch or anything else?

Nope, you will be fine but find out when/if your clutch has been changed cos i think i read your looking at one with 100k on it.

the 1.9 engine is bullet proof so dont worry about that.

160bhp sounds a lot for the 115, they're usually mapped to around 145. The clutch should be fine as long as your fully off the clutch before you floor the accelerator and generally don't drive it like k***.

I have had my 115 re-mapped to 149 and was told thats the max to go to keep it safe, that seems a massive increase, would be looking at a 45% increase which is quite something. Will it be done on a rolling road with a read out as there are many companies promising things they cant deliver. On the plus side it has made a huge difference to preformance but nothing to the MPG but not bother about that.

why is it i see more B6 models at 130bhp whilst the B7s are more common at 115bhp?
are the B7 1.9tdi and B6 1.9tdi both 115bhp the same ore different block?

I know i'm talking about an A3 (8P) but I too have been thinking about a remap from a4audi in Glasgow with Celtic Tunning code. I have an A3 (8P) 1.9 TDI Sport 103bhp with 41000k. The remap is 150bhp/255lbft and my concern is that level of additional torque could lead to clutch slip then to a new clutch - I could put an improved clutch in aswell but that's pushing up the price.

I would rather have a custom remap similar to the VAG's 1.9tdi PD variation at 130bhp/229lbft which I feel is a safer option, will talk to them about that - I would assume this can be done on a custom remap, however what about uprated Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pump etc to deal with the extra power increase or is the stock set up the same in a 130 as the 103. I don't know.

The car really needs some extra extra boost its too sluggish and it only has 41K on the clock so it should be more than good for the reduced figures hopefully with no additional kit - think the turbo in the car is good for 160bhp.

any comments?

Last edited:
I have my 1.9 remapped to 150bhp and have had no problems.
I was looking for some advice on going higher to 180bhp and swapping my clutch and flywheel to solid state. I've been told these engines won't have an issue with this can anybody advice me further?

You can have 180 bhp out of a 130 PD no problem , just wind in the torque to
260 -280 lbft to look after a used clutch .

It's not a disadvantage as you can get a wide spread of torque whereas a figure chasing torque map can come and go quickly .

140bhp @ blacksmoke and only 40pound. ran it for 45k no problems

I had my pd130 remapped to 181hp 318lb ft on a brand new luk clutch and dmf lasted about a month before it slipped! Seems the safest for these clutches would be 300lbft I didn't like the look of any updates clutches other than the Sachs sre but I didn't want to pay that price so turned down my map a little

Yeah on the Duyo there's a tuning company next to my factory so just leave it while I'm at work haha, to get the torque down to under 300lbft I think it settled on 170hp, wasn't bothered as I just wanted it safe to px

That's true but I don't think you can just pick and choose what figures you get, all depends on the car and the mods I think. I asked for 175-180hp and that's the best torque curve he could manage I think they both go up and in hand to a certain extent.