TDI-Tuning box

rowdyboy

Reaction score
Has anyone used or heard any reports about the TDI-Tuning CRTD2 box? It appears to be a good product but sometimes things can seem to good to be true.

I take it you mean the DTUK boxes?

Know the people who runs DTUK, Andrew and Jen, lovely people....who happen to have an order placed for an RS3 lol.

A CRD2 and a CRD-T are slightly different, with one just monitoring fuel pressure, the other monitoring fuel pressure and boost pressure. Would go for the latter personally if I still had a diesel, have used them before and can't recommend them enough!

Your best bet is to give them a ring and they'll happily dispel any myths about tuning boxes and I believe they even offer a fitting and a trial service to ensure you get the very best from it.

Hope that helps!

Cheers for that matey, I'm not sure about it being DTUK, the website is TDI-Tuning. If they are the same, then yes. Cheers.

DTUK and TDI-tuning are not the same people. http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/ http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/. Personaly i think im going to go with DTUK as they do a good write up. Plus they have discount on just now.

I've just looked at the website and the bhp and torque figures are quite a lot lower for my engine than the tdi-tuning one. Also the price (even with the discount) is £339 as oppose to £289 for the top of the range tdi-tuning one.

Used to have a green dtuk box on my astra 1.9cdti made a huge improvement to power and mpg was very good car was still dog **** though ! lol

Hi, am looking into a similar thing myself, what did you opt for in the end?

I still haven't got one yet, I was hoping for a bit more feedback on their performance. Out of the 2 though, it would definitely be the TDI-tuning one.

Have had mine CR+2 fitted since 2k on the clock [ Seat EXEO 170CR] and am well please with it with around 210hp/443Nm I do agree though it is a bit expensive even with discount!! I run with map 3 and boost +1 and still get up to 57mpg with an indicative 780miles to the tank full [ in real life this drops to around 680/700 miles and that with very mixed roads wiltshire to Southampton via Salisbury

Last edited:
I bought a TDi tuning box for my A3, £80 it cost. Didnt work so I sent it back.

I bought a 2nd hand DTUK unit from flea bay last week for my S Line TDI Avant. I got it for £150.

I just thought that if i thought it was crap i could sell it on but, I wont be. I love it.

It has a choice of 4 maps and about 8 power settings for each map. I have mine on map 4 at 10% and it pulls like a train. And there is no excessive black smoke that everyone goes on about. I think all cars a different so you have to find what map is suitable for your car.

My average MPG has went from 42mpg to 50mpg. I will find out how it goes. I average 550 miles to a full tank without the chip.

I have just filled up with diesel tonight so when i get to empty again i will post on this thread to let you know. Might be a week or two though.

Yeah mate, eBay. TDI offered me a discount on a more expensive box but I declined.

It's just that the ones I've seen on eBay are called TDI tuning boxes but are not the same as genuine TDI-tuning (the brand name) boxes, if that makes sense. I wasn't sure if the one you had was a cheaper, similar product, because £80 is very cheap unless it was second hand.

Last edited:
It's just that the ones I've seen on eBay are called TDI tuning boxes but are not the same as genuine TDI-tuning (the brand name) boxes, if that makes sense. I wasn't sure if the one you had was a cheaper, similar product, because £80 is very cheap unless it was second hand.

It was brand new and it was deffo from TDi Tuning - it was their offical shop on eBay.
Just looked like a box full of resistors. Looking on their feedback on eBay looks like im not the only one that claimed it hasnt worked. Plenty of happy customers too though.

Has anyone notice a real difference in MPG with these fitted?

I'm trying to convince my mrs that we should get one, and i'm going down the 'it'll save us money on fuel' road to convince her!

Looks like I'll be steering clear of these then, I don't see how it works for some people and not others. The prices vary massively and I can't actually see the difference between them.

Yup, a custom remap maybe a little more expensive but you are going to get the best results :)

The box for mine is £289 anyway, about the same price as a remap.

No idea why you disliked my last post. A custom remap with fueling, boost, timing and advance, custom programmed for your car, or a crap box that just fools the ecu into chucking loads of fuel in. For the same price its a no-brainer!

Last edited:
No idea why you disliked my last post. A custom remap with fueling, boost, timing and advance, custom programmed for your car, or a crap box that just fools the ecu into chucking loads of fuel in. For the same price its a no-brainer!

Ooops, I had no idea I had disliked it, sorry. I replied from my iPhone and must have disliked by accident, many apologies.
Yes, you're right a remap is a no brainer at that price.

buy 2nd hand and it aint no longer a no brainer.

I love how too many people have bad things to say about tuning boxs but never have had any experience of the genuine companys that sell good quality digital boxes.

Remaps and tuning boxes have both caused problems on all cars. You get crap remaps just like you get crap tuning boxes.

I have a tuning box now and i have had a remap in the past. The only difference in that the map is custom to you car and can be tweaked etc.

I had my car on the rollers with my box and it showed i went from 140bhp to 171bhp with a progressive smooth power curve. Also up from 42mpg to 50mpg.

Cant complain at £150 plus when i want to sell it on I will probably get £100 so will cost me £50.

oh, my tuning box has 4 maps to choose from at no extra cost. you dont get that from a remap!

Hi guys re your posts above i read with great interest. I have just bought my second system from TDI-Tuning for my 2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI 233 PS Quattro Sport. This system was one of their top of the range CRTD2 systems and the results have been absolutely amazing.
I really dont want to sound like i have a bias opinion but this is the second system i have bought from TDI-Tuning and i cant fault their products at all. I did look into a remap but i liked the flexibility of a tuning box as i can remove it within 60 seconds and have it reprogrammed for my next car! (probably going to be BMW E90 335D!! :sm4: )

I'm currently running map 21 on the car its an absolute rocket. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Hope this helps my fellow motor heads!!!

Reactions: Bracer
I have just had my 2.0tdi 140 re-mapped by Revo as they have a sale on - totally different car feels soooo smooth and pulls like a train its great - highly reccomended !!!