Brakes/ABS/ESP/Check engine ! HELP !!!

Chin.

P88LSH
Reaction score
Grangetown, Middlesbrough, United Kingdom, United
Right chaps, i've fitted coilovers and put my new wheels on. Drove the car a few hundred yards slowly and got the ESP and ABS light on , i stopped , turned the engine off and it's gone. Then drove another hundred yards and it came on again, i thought it was a sensor or summit and left it since i was going abroad the next day anyway. I've left the car for about a week. Came back started it, left it running for a good half hour and then got in and drove to the shop, down the road i got the ESP light on along with the ABS light and the big flashing ! BRAKES light on the DIS/FIS . To top it up once they all came on the speedo stopped working and the check engine light came on. WTF is going on ? I've stopped, turned the engine off and they all went away but after another couple of hundred yards they all came back on and now the check engine light stays on all the time !

Brakes seem fine, turbo seems to be kicking in but in a weird kind of way. Speedo does work until the BRAKES light comes on then it stops.

Help please chaps, i'm loosing the will to live here ! :ninja:

It sounds like you've disturbed something mate. I'd remove all the plugs, clean them and try again. Also check you've not broken or trapped a wire. Good luck.

Cheers mate, i've noticed that once the ESP/ABS and BRAKES lights come and the car instantly drops down in power , could this be related to the MAF ? I've read somewhere that it happens when the ABS isn't working correctly. On start up it's all good and the performance is same as usual until all the other lights come on.

Ill have a look at it tomorrow, thanks for your suggestions.

Well , to say i am baffled is an understatement ! I took the front wheels off , span the brake discs 360* , checked if all sensors are connected etc, put the wheels back on , went for a drive - all brake/esp/abs lights gone !

Then the following morning i filled the car up with diesel, got in , started it - check engine light gone !

Chuffed, no idea what caused it but glad it's sorted !