Opinions please? what to do with chrome trim?

DJM1982

Reaction score
I have decided to change the chrome trim on the doors to black.
I have found a local company that will wrap the chrome either gloss black or matt black for £150 (i have seen some of there previous work and it looks very impressive)

I think i'm going to go for gloss black, do you think thats the right idea? or would matt black be better.
And should i get the chrome grill done the same colour at the same time?

Cheers

The grill looks much better in black so def get that done, as for the chrome I think gloss will look better, like the black optics kit!

yeah thats what i was thinking? grill and windows to be wrapped at the same time and in gloss.

I've just finished wrapping my window trim in matte black using BMW shadowline. It looks great, there are few little bits I'm not happy with, but I've still got one whole roll of the stuff and can redo the whole car again if needs be. For £30 including shipping, it was a bargain. Just took about 4 or 5 hours to do. Well worth it.

Yeah i'll check how dark the matt black wrap it for the window chrome, sometimes it looks alittle grey rather than black, so if i'm happy the matt black is dark enough i'll go for that. If not gloss black it is.
I will defo have to get the grill done at the same time now with these comments, confirming my worst fears, i'll need more money, haha !!

Is it done on or off the car? If you have to remove the trim what's the best technique?

Cheers

its done on the car i think, as the rear trim can only be removed by smashing the small window (according to audi)