EM TuningBadger5
    2nd Gear

Status

Opinions please? what to do with chrome trim?

I have decided to change the chrome trim on the doors to black.
    I have found a local company that will wrap the chrome either gloss black or matt black for Ł150 (i have seen some of there previous work and it looks very impressive)

I think i'm going to go for gloss black, do you think thats the right idea? or would matt black be better.
    And should i get the chrome grill done the same colour at the same time?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    The grill looks much better in black so def get that done, as for the chrome I think gloss will look better, like the black optics kit!
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

2nd Gear

Status
    yeah thats what i was thinking? grill and windows to be wrapped at the same time and in gloss.

Avantageous

Status
    I've just finished wrapping my window trim in matte black using BMW shadowline. It looks great, there are few little bits I'm not happy with, but I've still got one whole roll of the stuff and can redo the whole car again if needs be. For Ł30 including shipping, it was a bargain. Just took about 4 or 5 hours to do. Well worth it.

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    i have the full optics kits the grill is more of a gloss black but the doors are more matt black so id say follow tha format is u want it to look like oem optics pack (we wont tell a soul lol)
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

Lukey.T

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple.O.G View Post
    The grill looks much better in black so def get that done, as for the chrome I think gloss will look better, like the black optics kit!

Agree with this fella

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah i'll check how dark the matt black wrap it for the window chrome, sometimes it looks alittle grey rather than black, so if i'm happy the matt black is dark enough i'll go for that. If not gloss black it is.
    I will defo have to get the grill done at the same time now with these comments, confirming my worst fears, i'll need more money, haha !!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM1982 View Post
    sometimes it looks alittle grey rather than black,
    Thats why im thinking gloss but yo might have dark matt which will look good.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    if you require any close of my optics pack jus let me kno n ill get some up for u
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

Reverse Gear

Status
    Is it done on or off the car? If you have to remove the trim what's the best technique?

Cheers

2nd Gear

Status
    its done on the car i think, as the rear trim can only be removed by smashing the small window (according to audi)