A4 Cab Window problems

Blackie

Reaction score
Website
www.desmocorse.net
Hi All

I have some problems with the drivers window on Julies Cab.
Its getting worse at the moment and becoming a right ****.
The window drops on opening the door but sometimes does,nt go back up. This drops again when you open the door and then leaves a bigger & bigger gap. If you close the door you can take it back up again most of the time but occasionally ALL 4 of the buttons AND the open close button for the door locks will stop working until i turn off the ignition & turn it on again.
I cannot operate the windows when the door is open from the switches.
Julie most of the time now has to climb over the seats & get out the left side of the car.
I connect the VAG up & get a warning od Drivers control module intermittent

Can anybody shed some light as to what part i will need to fix this

Thanks

check for broken wires in the loom between the door and "A" pillar

And the door isn't locking either now so I have to set the alarm and lock the door with the key.
As the fuse does both doors i am now assuming perhaps a common positive wire is broken as the buttons for the alarm at the bottom of the door also don't work
Anyone else had this problem ?
Thanks

I know there were issues with the comfort control unit which is located under the drivers seat gets wet and fails causing similar symptoms although this was on the B6 not sure if it still occurs on the B7. I'd agree that broken wires in the loom between the door and the A pillar is a very good shout, however check very carefully as the breaks are not always visible from the outside of the insulation.