15 mm Spacers

Marrow

Reaction score
I am currently running 10mm front spacers and 12mm rears on my avant the fronts are cheap ebay jobs and have snapped they claim because the spigot size id wrong and only 15mm spacers will fit I know this is ******** but the seller will only replcae with 15mm spacers and wont offera refund.
So what I am thinking is put the 12mm on the front and 15mm on the rear any one running this already who can advise on problems (rubbing) and possibly post pics ?
Car is lowered on H&R sport springs and std 18 tyre size.

Car will be fine at 15mm on rear esp on 18"s but make sure they are hubcentric or they will vibrate like crazy.

You need extended bolts also as the standard ones wont be long enough, this will mean longer locking wheel nuts too.

are you 12mm hubcentric and do you get any wheel wobble?

"cheap ebay jobs and have snapped they claim because the spigot size id wrong and only 15mm spacers will fit"
Its amazing what some muppets will try and blag on the internet.

Car will be fine at 15mm on rear esp on 18"s but make sure they are hubcentric or they will vibrate like crazy.

You need extended bolts also as the standard ones wont be long enough, this will mean longer locking wheel nuts too.

are you 12mm hubcentric and do you get any wheel wobble?

"cheap ebay jobs and have snapped they claim because the spigot size id wrong and only 15mm spacers will fit"
Its amazing what some muppets will try and blag on the internet.

I know its unbelievable they think everyone is cluless and will swallow any old ***** !

Ye 12mm are eibach hubcentrics and are fine and so are the 10mm that are snapped. I also have the correct wheel bolts so thats all sorted.

Any pics of your lowered 40 or 50mm at the back and you run 19" with 15mm spacers? Bet thats snug !?!

I have pics on page 4 in the show us your A4/S4 section.

It was VERY snug with 235 section tyres and rubbed on bumps but now I'm on 215s and there is room to go down another 10 - 15mm and zero rubbing. She does sit lovely if I do say so myself.

Well I have told the eBay guy to RAM is 15mm and give me a refund as the 15mm`s are going to be too much for my arches to take will buy some eibach 10mm which is what I should have done to start with.
Buy cvheap buy twice and all that!

Just want to double check fitment are the ones in the link below correct fitment and does anyone know of a cheaper place to get them ?

Eibach 10mm Alloy Wheel Spacers Audi A4 (8E) 00- on eBay (end time 15-Apr-11 14:51:45 BST)

Yes mate they are the correct fitment, im not sure of a place to get them cheaper unfortunately.

Yes mate they are the correct fitment, im not sure of a place to get them cheaper unfortunately.​

Cheers mate bought them need to get these ones off ASAP cant be wasting time trawling the net as long as they fit and dont snap job done !

Ye will do got new wheels and wrapped all my chrome since last pics posted.

I've just put my 10mm ones on the rear and looks like I've had some bad rubbing on the outside of tye the tyre wall, doesn't seem very safe to me...do I need to yet smaller ones? Everyone said the 10's would be fine, but looks like I may to go to 5's instead...

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

How odd to see it rubbing in just 1 area, I'd have guessed that it would leave a ring around the side wall. Are they standard size tyres?

Can you see where they caught the wheel arch?

I have 12mm rear spacers on my avant with same size tyres its lowered too and no rubbing even with 4 in ?

That doesnt look like rubbing cause by the arch to me, ive had serious rubbing issues recently and it looked nothing like that. If it were from the arches it would be all around the tyre as the wheel would have been moving. Plus were that has rubbed is not the widest point of the tyre. As to what has caused that i really dont know ?????

Unless I kerbed it somehow, but surely would've noticed that...thought it must have been the spacers and rubbing since I only put them on yesterday and the tyre was fine. Would a pot.hole cause this, as there's lots round here....? The other side tyre is fine..

I cant see that even a pot hole has caused this as when i had rubbing issues a major rub which i heard very loudly only made very slight marks on the tyre and the mark was all the way round the tyre, the noise to have made that mark from rubbing would have been seriously loud - not only would you have heard it but felt it aswell. I can virtually guarantee you that mark is NOT from your tyre rubbing the arch.

had no more issues since then, and made an effort to go over speed bumps, crap roads, but nothing like that impacting the wheel, so looks like its actually all ok, and must've hit something...thanks for the thoughts, and apologies for hijacking the thread...

if your concerned mate get skinnier tyres, i was rubbing bad on 235/35's so changed to 215/35's and now i could go lower with more poke. no rubbing at all. plus even with all my extreme rubbing i have no marks on my tyres?

i have 18mm on the front and 10mm on the back on 19's aswell and no rubbing except when i land from a speedbump goin fast, so i just dont do it lol

i have only put 5mm thinner tyres on from 235/40/18 i have gone to 235/35/19 and not a problem!
i think the speedo goes out a bit but it says you are goin faster than you actually are which is the best way round i think. makes the car look faster and plus they look freking awesome!!

i have 18mm on the front and 10mm on the back on 19's aswell and no rubbing except when i land from a speedbump goin fast, so i just dont do it lol

You have 18mm spacers on the front !!!! They must sticking out the arches ?

Na it's actually ok! I have had to do it due to my pm reps! I had so much trouble getting them on you would have no idea! They kept on clipping the callipers! Running fine now though!

if your concerned mate get skinnier tyres, i was rubbing bad on 235/35's so changed to 215/35's and now i could go lower with more poke. no rubbing at all. plus even with all my extreme rubbing i have no marks on my tyres?

how exposed are your rims with that size? Just like the protection in case I do decide to park like a woman and kerb it...

Maka you should of shaved your calipers mate, what offset does 18mm spacers set you at? the yanks are pushing for ET0, crazy ********. they are way ahead of the game and have there wheels pushing way out of arches, different rules i think.

Razza with 235 the tyres had no stretch and sat perfectly flush with the arch lip so could of done some damage over a big bump but 215 are sat in too much and now i want bigger spacers and it lower so i wish i'd gone for 225/35. dont go for 40 profile there is no need.

Yeh I was thinking about shaving the callipers but that all seemed well to extreme I thought that the spacers were the best thing to do! I wouldn't have bought the wheels if I new they needed that much! I don't think anyone else has had this problem though!