AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    1.8T quattro sline

Status

2.0 tdi quattro sline advice needed !

Hello all you B7 owners , thinking of buying one of these on a 56 plate done 69000 anything I need to look out for like cambelt and what's this oil pump / balance shaft problem I hear about ?

Also what mpg you guys getting out of tdi or with the way price of fuel is going the diesel pros don't really apply over the 2.0 tfsi ? Any advice appreciated thank you !

TC

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    If its a 140 your looking at apparently they will return 45-50mpg all day. A 170 wont get near that (trust me i know)

Cambelt must be replaced at 80k or 4 years so i guess it should have been done. But check it, also check if the waterpump was also done.

AFAIK the oil pump / shaft issue which is a sticky only applies to engine code "BLB".

1.8T quattro sline

Status
    Cheers benr it's a 170 so what mpg did you get ?

4th Gear

Status
    Well tbh im not sure as my commute at the moment is very short (about 9 miles) meaning its barely up to running temp. Im also not doing full tank to tank. But the first full tank check I did was 41 mpg. This was approx 50/50 motorway and London crawl (commute)

Also BLB engine is a 140 so you dont need to worry. The 170 uses piezo injectors which have been known to fail after time. Have a look in this section there is a couple of threads. They were apparently replaced in late 07 with a revised design which doesn't suffer the problem.

3rd Gear

Status
    Cambelt needs replacing at 80k, so a car with 69k needs the cambelt doing at the next service.

I've a 2.0 tdi 170 quattro saloon and I'm averaging 39.4 mpg over 5000 miles, best mpg for a fill up was 41.2, worst 36.6. I do about 500 miles a week, mostly on the motorway. The DIS is reasonably accurate, so on a pure motorway run I can get 44mpg ish if i sit at a steady indicated 75mph.

1st Gear

Status
    Flipping heck and heres me moaning about getting 29-30 around town and 36-38 on a motorway run in my 2.0TFSI S-Line petrol
    Funky

loves quattro

Status
    You also need to ask if it's had the injectors replaced. They are rebounded for failing on the 170's.

Mines done 69k and has had 2 fail, but all four have been replaced!

Neutral

Status
    I have the 170 and I have managed to get 50MPG yes 50 and that was with a calcualtion. I dive up and down the M40 everyday so never get to 75-80 and sit around 70. As long as you keep the rev under 2000 it's fine. Most of the time I can easily get 45 out of it. So all in all it's not too bad.