Trolley Jack and Axle Stand points on B7 A4

Ryan_Hol

Reaction score
anyone got an under-body picture of where these are as i don't want to damage the sills, thanks

There's a little arrow underneath each corner for the jack points.

I have a question regarding this - if you use your jack to jack up the car using the marked jacking point then were do u put the axle stand as the jacks in the way ???

On the lower arm mounting points would be a suggestion! Also always a good place to jack a car up if you don't know the jacking points or you suspect them to be corroded.

/\ what he said... I was unsure where to lift the car from with my trolley jack when I swapped my rims over so went for the suspension arm mounting points too.

In the past I have made up wooden plates to sit between the cup of the trolley jack and the sill jacking points to help protect them - deffo worth doing if you need to jack it up to get an axle stand under there!

I did this at the weekend for the first time for an oil change - was unsure what my options were, so I put the trolley jack right next to the axle stand - worked ok but a bit of a pain in the ar5e.

I'll use the suspension mounts for the stands next time, but was unsure how/where to do it..just learning.

Anywhere thats bolted to the chassis is normally a good bet, as those points are often reinforced to take the weight of the car, they are after all what you car uses to support its own weight when the wheels are on the deck :yes: