EM TuningChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Audi 2.0 Tdi advice

Hi all looking for a little advice , having sold my b5 s4 I am after a slightly more economical estate. I am going to see a 05 2.0 Tdi Avant manual with leather , the car has 130k on the clock and has fsh the cluth and flywheel have been changed recently he is asking Ł5300 is this a fair price to pay and is there anything I should be aware of cheers
    1999 S4 B5 Avant........feel the power...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Glu Kru

Status
    You should read the sticky regarding the balance shaft failure.

I think it affected quite a lot of 2005 models. I was in the same position as you and did some research. I bought a 56 reg.

My car has the Engine code BRE which I know are ok after loads of reading. You should search the "Balance Shaft Failure" as it would possibly be the most expensive mistake you could make.

Im not saying all 2005 models are affected but one to watch out for.

5th Gear

Status
    All 2005 engines are likely to have the affected BLB engines which all have the oil balancer defect. Ł2k to change the defect or far more if/when it goes wrong.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.