Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    5th Gear

Status

lowering kit recommendation & how low

Hi Gang

Just picked up B5 spring cups to lower front, but decided to go all out and lower all way round, so question is, kit recommedation and also how low should I go, got to to mindful that the grandkids are often in the car so cant be slammed to the ground

Thanks

Mac
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    With the S-Line you already have a 20mm drop over the standard/SE models.

Personally i replaced these with 30mm Eibach Springs, giving me a subtle but nice 10mm drop over the S-line springs.

Makes a hell of a difference and looks tidy and not slammed or boy racer, although very harsh and firm ride on rough country roads, but greatly reduces body roll.

Maximum i would go is 35/40mm to be honest. Dont go any lower unless you want to scrapping kerbs and bumps

Get yourself some 30mm eibachs and the RS4 rear anti roll bar for massive improvement!!

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

5th Gear

Status
    KW V1 coilovers, can slam it on its nuts and adjust it on the car when you know your having them?

A good coilover kit can go as low as you like and wont rub for having extra people in the back, esp a couple of nippers.

Otherwise i tell everyone to get H&R 35mm springs, more comfort than S-line and lower than 35mm, its a good look esp with 19"s
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple.O.G View Post
    KW V1 coilovers, can slam it on its nuts and adjust it on the car when you know your having them?

A good coilover kit can go as low as you like and wont rub for having extra people in the back, esp a couple of nippers.

Otherwise i tell everyone to get H&R 35mm springs, more comfort than S-line and lower than 35mm, its a good look esp with 19"s
    The difference is coilovers are 3x the price!

resuming he is on a budget, i would stick with the springs!

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    With the S-Line you already have a 20mm drop over the standard/SE models.

Personally i replaced these with 30mm Eibach Springs, giving me a subtle but nice 10mm drop over the S-line springs.

Makes a hell of a difference and looks tidy and not slammed or boy racer, although very harsh and firm ride on rough country roads, but greatly reduces body roll.

Maximum i would go is 35/40mm to be honest. Dont go any lower unless you want to scrapping kerbs and bumps

Get yourself some 30mm eibachs and the RS4 rear anti roll bar for massive improvement!!
    Already got the RS4 RARB (awesome) but looking to go coilovers rather than springs due to harsh ride (10 miles o country roads daily) didn't realise the s-line was 20mm lower than standard.

Thanks Dazmo

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple.O.G View Post

just the springs or are they H&R coilovers (damn kw's are expensive) got a couple of hundred to spend

3rd Gear

Status
    I have h&r sport springs on std sline shocks sits nice an rides better than std. Would def recommend them !

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks Triple & Marrow, so it looks i'll go with H&R springs, if i go 35mm does that mean it will drop by 15mm ?
    Thanks for your help guys, know nothing about suspension set ups.

3rd Gear

Status
    In theory yes but the drop is more than that in reality my sline dropped approx 1 inch !

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrow View Post
    In theory yes but the drop is more than that in reality my sline dropped approx 1 inch !
    have you had any issues with rubbing if people in the back

hon
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Marrow Is your h&r 35m drop or 45m drop, I've just order some 45m drop h&r. Do you have any pics?
    Last edited by hon; 18th March 2011 at 23:45.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hon View Post
    Marrow Is your h&r 35m drop or 45m drop, I've just order some 45m drop h&r. Do you have any pics?
    H&R sport 35 mm
    See this thread car has different wheels now but you get the idea.
    Pics of my avant lowered on H&R sport springs

No rubbing 235/40/18`s currently with 12mm spacers in the rear even with people in the back.
    Last edited by Marrow; 24th March 2011 at 11:53.