Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    hon
    Reverse Gear

Status

LOWERING SPRING AUDI A4 DTM

Looking for some lowering spring for a A4 dtm, does any company make lowering spring for this model?

Or is it the same as the s-line one? im looking about 40m drop, any idea which is a good one to go for?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    As long as they are for the B7 (8E) it should be ok only other thing is to check if they suitable for the quattro. With regards to the 40mm drop the sline and dtm come lowered by 20mm so say the springs claim to lower by 40mm you need to subtract 20mm from that value so your overalll drop will be 20mm.
    I believe there is a German seller on ebay doing some good deals on Eibach springs if you do a search some fellow members have gone down this route.
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale

hon
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Struggling to find some good springs that will give 40mm drop over standard ride height, been looking at eibach, but they only do the pro kit and not the sportline for mine, and pro kit only give 30mm drop over standard height so wont notices any different on my dtm as its already lowered by 20mm standard.

Anyone got some suggestions for good springs to go for? thanks

5th Gear

Status
    If you can get them, H&R springs are very good or weitec do a 50mm kit which i have and its definately enough, failing that go with coilovers and you can have it sit however you want.

Get suspension for a 2.0tfsi quattro, the dtm is no different.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

hon
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the info, what is the ride comfort on the weitec? are they as good as eibach? and is H&R any good?

5th Gear

Status
    H&R are fantastic, iv heard good things about eibach but not had them on my A4, i had them on an 04 fiesta years ago and they were very harsh, had them on an 05 Impreza and they were perfect.

Weitecs are very good, cant complain, i have 50mm weitecs with 19"s and ET30 and was rubbing abit in rear untill i stretched tyres so there pretty low.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs