Turbo Noise

lespaul

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am hearing strange noises coming from under the bonnet of the car. It appears to the the turbo making the noise. Sort of a strange rumbling bit like a wheel bearing on its way out. Anyway I had it into Audi not so long back to look at something else and they said it was fine. But most worrying.

If you sit on the drive and rev it up you can hear it. If your driving along at 30MPH in second you can hear it inside the car. Stick your foot down and it's off. So I was wandering if anyone else had the problem.

It's a 2.0 170TDI

Well for those that are interested I took it back to Audi (Oxford Audi are fab). Tech man took the car out with me in it. Heard the noise and said yes defo a turbo. Possible waste gate issue. So it's going back in. Hopefully for a new turbo.

Well Audi are replacing the Turbo under warranty. I just wandered what kind of a job that would be? Cost and what they would have to do apart from replace the turbo?
Also they are replacing tandem fuel pump. Now this was replaced when I bought the car just after xmas so I am worried as to why this should nee replacing again,

why worry let them replace it