slight judder when cold 2.0 tdi

arnoldlog

Reaction score
As title my cab has a slight judder when cold, its had for it about a year now, but warranty runs out next month, so I thought I would get it checked out. It when to the dealer (derby audi) on thursday, friday I spoke to them, the nice lady says "we think it might be the clutch so we have one on order" at this point I'm thinking might be? should you not be more positive than that?! So i said ok, (thinking to myself it's more likely to be DMF) when do i get my car back? to which she replied, well if it is the clutch should be tuesday/wednesday, she said unless of course we put it back together and it's still got the problem!! this does not inspire confidence, i guess it's because they have no fault codes to work on, but even so I would expect better from Audi.

I'll keep you posted of the results. meanwhile I have an A1 tdi to play with, I must admit its quite good fun, and out paces a lot of bigger cars.

At least they are keeping an open mind, you'd be more annoyed if they said it's definitely the clutch and then it comes back with the same issue. On the plus side, if it doesn't fix it, you've got a new clutch out of it and they will still fix the original problem.

Mine was DMF but they changed the clutch at the same time. Thank god mine was still under warranty.

my faith has been restored!! they rang this afternoon, replaced clutch and DMF, covered by warranty. very happy, but these seems to be a common problem.

mine went straight back to the dealers a week after i had got it due to the judder they replaced the clutch and release bearing, problem solved for now