Badger5EM Tuning
    2nd Gear

Status

To A4 or not to A4.....

Guys/gals

I currently have an a3 but due to a new addition to the family my 3drisnt going to be practical.
    I have seen an a4 but not sure if i should go for it.
    Can you please help me out.

Also need some help on what some TDV means .
    cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Not sure what you want to know. I believe TDV models are ones fitted with a diesel particulate filter. I assume you are after a diesel?

If you aren't bothered about performance and want complete reliability then get a 1.9. If you want a bit of power and some decent economy then get a 140 2.0TDI but be careful of 2005-2006 models with the oil balancer shaft problem. If you want straightforward power then get a 3.0 TDI.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

4th Gear

Status
    I'd have a good look at one first, there's not as much room as you think there would be. Once you have a baby seat in the back, you have to pull the front seats fairly far forward.
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

1st Gear

Status
    I would never consider putting a child in the back of a 3 door car however big it was but thats just my opinion about safety and access.

1st Gear

Status
    I've had a baby seat in the back of my A4 a few times now when we've taken the nephew out and about and there's plenty of room for him!

Four Sprung Ducks

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulTheo View Post
    I would never consider putting a child in the back of a 3 door car however big it was but thats just my opinion about safety and access.
    Think your missing the point pal. Im after a diff car as mine IS a 3 dr. I want a spacious 4 dr.

Just been in an A4 and i wasnt impressed. If imhonest there isnt much between the A3 and the A4 space wise.
    Might look at a passat..................

Reverse Gear

Status
    have an A4 and a Passat (personal imbort from Belgium) - like the Passat for the room and carrying space, love the A4 for general driving. Mine is a late '04 - the later A4's seem to have more space. For a lot of space though maybe an A6 though the Passat is a good - if unexciting - option.

A4 complaints: Audio never seem to be able to sort out self-levelling Xenon issues
    Passat ('W') complaints: Electronics tend to get affected by water due to blocked drain holes - have to manually clean them out (awkward to get to). Also a couple of indifferent dealer service experiences - just incompetency.

6th Gear

Status
    Jayjay.

Sounds like both the passat and the A4 you mentioned are the older models before the B7. The new passat is a stretched golf so not much bigger.
    MY15 8V S3 Sportback with options

4th Gear

Status
    The new passat not much bigger??? It's bloody massive. I've had a new passat and obviously the A4, there is a lot of space difference.

SamW - Taking a child out now and again is different to having them in there all the time. I've got 2 and the space is limited believe me.
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    The current Passat has a 106" wheelbase, compared with 104" for the B6/7 A4. Yes, it uses an extended version of the Golf platform, but very extended. Like Rowdyboy says, it's enormous inside.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals