Volks AutosBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Xenon Retro fit help

Hi, ive read the numerous post confirming its possible and whats actually involved so i am ok with this part, what i wanted confirmation on was the part numbers, e.g. i picked up the near side unit already, this has part number 8E0 941 003 BQ. what would the corresponding part number be?

Can i get any xenon headlight for the drivers side or does it have to be a very specific match?

i had a look at other post and all number match except the BQ, is this going to cause problem with matching?

Thanks in advance guys,

2. # ADS
    ADS

Avantageous

Status
    Are you sure the headlight you already have is a xenon one? Does it have a projector in it? Looking at ETKA, and it appears the part number you gave was for a halogen light, but I couldn't find the BQ version on the halogen.

BQ means the headlight has the cornering light function. It is something you can retrofit I believe (checkk kufatec for the harness), but you should be fine mixing and matching the different versions. I suppose if you can get another BQ version you can retrofit the cornering light.

Oh and the part number if your looking for the exact opposite headlight would be 8E0941004 BQ.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for that, its definately a xenon headlight mate. most probably xenon with corner function

So if i get a different model number unit for the other side, will there be any conflict?
    Last edited by yavz; 10th March 2011 at 20:59.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Also will the standard $49 kufatec harness work with the cornering headlight?

Thanks.

Reverse Gear

Status
    iv manage to locate the other side headlamp.

Can anyone tell me the corresponding ballast pasrt number for healights:
    8E0941004 BQ
    8E0941003 BQ

Thanks,