EM TuningBadger5
    Neutral

Status

Coilover & Alloys Help Needed

Hi folks, I am getting myself a set of coilovers and alloys this week. I have decided on the alloys being 19" Replica BBS LM staggered 8.5 front and 9.5 rear with 225/35 and 235/35 tyres.
    The problem that I am having is with the coilovers. Do I go with AP,FK or any of the other makes. I dont mind spending up to Ł700 ish on the coilovers if it really makes a difference as I am only looking it for looks and comfort rather than for racing. This is the look that I am planning for

If anyone can help or indeed give me info on any other or better choices of tyre sizes or even wheels. I am open to suggestions.
    Many thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Avantageous

Status
    Ł700 would get you a set of KW V1s. They would be what I would go for if I had the money. But if your just after the looks, I would probably look at something a bit cheaper, maybe VMAXX, ST, AP, or FK.

5th Gear

Status
    Buy the best you can afford as you wont regret it later, AP's are very good and KW V1's are awesome. I bought some LM reps, very nice wheels but wax em alot when you first buy then as that rear lip will get very dirty very quickly!

Will look mint when done though mate, pics!
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

Neutral

Status
    What do these KW V1s offer that the others dont ? I mean what are the benefits ?

Avantageous

Status
    KWs shouldn't rust if you get the INNOX ones. And just from the reviews I've read, they are a great ride.

You don't get adjustable dampening or rebound with V1s, youd have to get V3s for that (but at twice the cost), but if your just looking for the low, they would be the perfect choice.

...It's Never Finished...

Status
    :Bilstein B8,s and H+R Springs are a really good combination

Neutral

Status
    Whats "rebound" mean when talking about the coilovers ?

5th Gear

Status
    Rebound iirc is the rate at which your springs react to bumps, i think the adjustment is either the amount of rebound or the speed at which they react. Im not an expert so confirmation will be appreciated.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

Neutral

Status
    Cool, what do yous think of Weitec ?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cecilthesausage View Post
    :Bilstein B8,s and H+R Springs are a really good combination
    Noted and taken in cecil but im not sure as to what height that I am going for so hence the adjustable coilovers but i appreciate the sugestion

Neutral

Status
    Like these
    http://www.candrenterprises.co.uk/sh...i-11-00-6.html
    They are alot cheaper than the kw and have galvanised bodies ?
    Are they good compared to the AP or KW ?

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah there sweet Coilovers. Weitec and AP's are ace, I have a combination of both.

Neutral

Status
    I know that I am being a pain now but would the weitec be on the same level as the AP or more towards the KW ? What I mean is for the sake of Ł180 or so would I be best going for the KW or is the Weitec just as good. I noticed that both the KW and Weitec come with a 2 year warranty

Neutral

Status
    Ok, I think I have made my mind up. I am going to go for the Weitec

5th Gear

Status
    If you just want adjustable ride height then save your cash and get the weitecs. There ranked in price, tbh the AP's will be sound but weitec are a little better, I find the AP's dampers a little soft which Kant the best if you go low!

Neutral

Status
    Thank you very much indeed for your help. Ill let you know what I order

5th Gear

Status
    No worries mate that's what the forums for and pics when you get sorted ;-)

2nd Gear

Status
    I went for the FK Konigsport as they have puka Koni adjustable dampers all for a very reasonable sum of Ł620. Check out Venom motorsport I found the prices are very reasonable. I am yet to fit the coilovers but i will post up a review of them once I do.
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale