Coilover & Alloys Help Needed

Paul N Ireland

Reaction score
Hi folks, I am getting myself a set of coilovers and alloys this week. I have decided on the alloys being 19" Replica BBS LM staggered 8.5 front and 9.5 rear with 225/35 and 235/35 tyres.
The problem that I am having is with the coilovers. Do I go with AP,FK or any of the other makes. I dont mind spending up to £700 ish on the coilovers if it really makes a difference as I am only looking it for looks and comfort rather than for racing. This is the look that I am planning for
5e02077a-8132-9ee4.jpg

If anyone can help or indeed give me info on any other or better choices of tyre sizes or even wheels. I am open to suggestions.
Many thanks

£700 would get you a set of KW V1s. They would be what I would go for if I had the money. But if your just after the looks, I would probably look at something a bit cheaper, maybe VMAXX, ST, AP, or FK.

Buy the best you can afford as you wont regret it later, AP's are very good and KW V1's are awesome. I bought some LM reps, very nice wheels but wax em alot when you first buy then as that rear lip will get very dirty very quickly!

Will look mint when done though mate, pics!

What do these KW V1s offer that the others dont ? I mean what are the benefits ?

KWs shouldn't rust if you get the INNOX ones. And just from the reviews I've read, they are a great ride.

You don't get adjustable dampening or rebound with V1s, youd have to get V3s for that (but at twice the cost), but if your just looking for the low, they would be the perfect choice.

:Bilstein B8,s and H+R Springs are a really good combination:thumbsup:

Rebound iirc is the rate at which your springs react to bumps, i think the adjustment is either the amount of rebound or the speed at which they react. Im not an expert so confirmation will be appreciated.

Yeah there sweet Coilovers. Weitec and AP's are ace, I have a combination of both.

I know that I am being a pain now but would the weitec be on the same level as the AP or more towards the KW ? What I mean is for the sake of £180 or so would I be best going for the KW or is the Weitec just as good. I noticed that both the KW and Weitec come with a 2 year warranty

Ok, I think I have made my mind up. I am going to go for the Weitec

If you just want adjustable ride height then save your cash and get the weitecs. There ranked in price, tbh the AP's will be sound but weitec are a little better, I find the AP's dampers a little soft which Kant the best if you go low!

Thank you very much indeed for your help. Ill let you know what I order :)

No worries mate that's what the forums for and pics when you get sorted ;-)

I went for the FK Konigsport as they have puka Koni adjustable dampers all for a very reasonable sum of £620. Check out Venom motorsport I found the prices are very reasonable. I am yet to fit the coilovers but i will post up a review of them once I do.