speedo needle doesnt rest at zero

phulla

Reaction score
this might be normal or it could just be me being too demanding, let me know!

RE: 2007 B7 A4 2.0TFSI quattro SE

When i start the car, all the needles move into place, revs, petrol, temp etc, but the speedo needle i do not expect to move from its resting place, but since it sits just beyond the zero mark, does move exactly onto zero.

After i drive off and come to rest, at traffic lights for example, not moving, i expect the speedo needle to come to rest at or beyond the zero mark, but it doesn't, it sits just before the zero, as if to indicate 0.5mph. If i turn off the engine, the speedo needle does then move beyond the zero mark.

Is this normal, does this happen to anyone else?

I reported this to Audi and since car is under warranty, they have replaced something in the dashboard. I collected the car and its exactly the same!

Same as mine, never bothered me.

Would be interested to see others opinions though.

btw im a 2.0 tdi 170

If your dials have ever been separated the needles get removed, if the needle has been put back - click out of place it will sit a couple of mm higher or lower than it's supposed to?

If it's just a tfsi thing then no bother but if they don't all do it I would want to know why they have separated my dials? Could just be to replace an LED or could be something much more sinister. Don't worry about it though mate. Prob just one of those things!

Checked mine on the way home, it does exactly the same only i never noticed. you must be really picky mate ha ha.

Ha ha ha. Just attention to detail. Can't help it, always been that way.

:)