B8 style "outline" LED rear lights (group buy)

ultramodz

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE
Reaction score
Website
www.mattstevens.co.uk
Hi all,

I've recently imported some rear lights which mimic the B8 LED style. I've spoken to the supplier and he's going to get back to me with a price for importing several sets.

IMG_0592-930x620.jpg

Read more here: B8 style LED rear lights. | Vorsprung Collective

There are a few options available - red/clear like mine, red/smoked and all clear.

As a rough guide, you'll be looking at around £300 though I'll confirm when the supplier gets back to me.

Ideally I need to have 10 names down, so if you're interested, drop me a PM.

Cheers,
Matt.

Last edited:
Saw some mentions of these on Audizine and an issue they raised was whether the LEDs were actually bright enough as problems with these companies is they use cheapo LEDs.

Apart from that they look okay.

The LEDs are actually very bright - you can't take a pic straight on without getting some glare and as LEDs flicker constantly by nature, you don't really get the same perception of brightness in a photo.

I might be in depending on price. I want mine to look as oem as possible so do you have any daytime pics and more night pics inc braking?

Sorry, I know its a bit of a pian but I like to see what the deal is!

Mate they look ace. Karl I told you we should make a set and knock em out ourselves. small fortune :)

Also where did you get your number plate LEDs? do you get any errors, iv been looking for some but got told there arnt any?

They look fantastic! Shame I dont have the money at the moment.

ultramodz, do you have a 3 piece spoiler, or is that just an s-line boot?

These look nice, best looking ones I've seen so far.

Would like to see pictures of the smoked versions as well if possibele.

available for B7 cab?

Sorry, these are for the saloon only. Not sure if anyone has made any for the cab actually.

cool ill hold off a bit im hoping some 1 will bring a fully smoked set out soon

Pictures of the other versions coming soon :)

I'd be very tempted if they did a set for the avant.

Dectane make some for the Avant, but these are the first ones out for the saloon with the B8 style lights & LED indicators.

I might be in depending on price. I want mine to look as oem as possible so do you have any daytime pics and more night pics inc braking?

Sorry, I know its a bit of a pian but I like to see what the deal is!

As above, I'll get some more pics :)

Also where did you get your number plate LEDs? do you get any errors, iv been looking for some but got told there arnt any?

They're from eBay & I had to fit a load resistor to get them to work. I've written it up here: Error free LED lighting with resistors. | Vorsprung Collective

They look fantastic! Shame I dont have the money at the moment.

ultramodz, do you have a 3 piece spoiler, or is that just an s-line boot?

It's the S-Line boot ;)

These look nice, best looking ones I've seen so far.

Would like to see pictures of the smoked versions as well if possibele.

I'll see what I can do - just trying to source the full info from the supplier.

Im interested mate, but need abit more info and pics of working indicators etc.

Plus an exact price.

Ok he's just emailed me more pics... though he's still not given me a bulk price, so I can't work out exactly how much they'll be yet.

Here are the photos:

Clear/smoked:
clear-smoked.jpg

Red/smoked:
red-smoked.jpg

Back of the light units:
units-rear.jpg

Rear light (red/smoked shown):
rear-light.jpg

Brake light (red/smoked shown):
brake-light.jpg

Indicator (red/smoked shown):
indicator.jpg

Another of the rear red LED outline in the dark:
red-leds.jpg

They are a lot brighter than they appear in the photos he's sent - they don't really do them justice :)

I'll update this thread with a price once I've heard more from him.

Also, he's missed out the reversing light, but that is the only one that's a standard bulb. They're equally as bright as the OEM reversing lights and uses the same bulb.

Cheers,
Matt.

Last edited:
The thing that always puts me off with aftermarket LED tails for the B7 is the black border around the edges of the light. Without this, these lights would be perfect. But I suppose you could always tint them and would look much better.

There's a thread over on AZ: New LED tails showing up

The ebayer selling these is charging around £220 ($360) but you might get tax on that when they hit the UK.

I'm still not sure about that black outer line, would be fine on a black Audi but not on my red one. The best ones I ever saw were by Phil on the AZ forum but alas, he didn't end up selling them.

Definately interested in the red/smoked look , waiting for the full price to be posted, what do you all think about the black border on a Dolphin Grey
Mac

Black Border? you got a pic of what you mean mate?

Black trim around the lights shown in previous pics

Ah, been looking on my phone and completely overlooked the post with all the pictures!

Look good mate i think they will suit your car. I personally love the ones Matt has on but mines black too so i would say that.

It seems like an awful lot of money to spend on something that, by definition, is only going to be seen by other people. I'm all for making a car look good, but it has to be in ways that I will get to see and appreciate for myself.

If you look at it like that, everything we do to the exterior is stuff only other people can really appreciate.

Have you ever seen someone else drive your car? it looks so much better than just parked up. I nearly do a sexy wee when i see mine on the move.

If you look at it like that, everything we do to the exterior is stuff only other people can really appreciate.

Have you ever seen someone else drive your car? it looks so much better than just parked up. I nearly do a sexy wee when i see mine on the move.

No one other than me has driven my car since I got it, and long may that be the case. I take your point to a degree, but I can appreciate a nice set of alloys or, say, an RS4 grille every time I walk out to the car to get in it, or spend time washing it. But the only time the pretty LED light pattern in those brake light clusters is going to visible is when I'm driving the car, so I'd never see them.

Frankly, I don't care what my brake lights look like to other drivers, just so long as they see them and remember what they mean.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I create my cars how I like them but I do love compliments from others and to a certain extent it is for others but I have always said if I woke up one day as the last man on earth I would still modify my car!

I love these tails but I won't be paying £300 for some LEDs.

I see they're out of stock at the mo and quoting about 8 weeks delivery :(

Yeah that's what the guy has told me... they only did a short batch first to see how well they would sell and I bought a pair from him.

They worked out at £225 for the lights, £40 for delivery and when they came into the country, I had to pay VAT on that, which was just under £70, so I've paid £340 for mine.

I have a limited company so I thought if people wanted them here in the UK, I would import say, 10 sets, and I could offset the import VAT, which means they'd be cheaper.

However, until I have a price from the supplier, I can't say exactly what the price would be per set.

I'd def have a set for around the £250 mark but don't have the cash right now anyway. £340 is alot even though they cooler than a polar bears nut sack!

Yeah that's what the guy has told me... they only did a short batch first to see how well they would sell and I bought a pair from him.

They worked out at £225 for the lights, £40 for delivery and when they came into the country, I had to pay VAT on that, which was just under £70, so I've paid £340 for mine.

I have a limited company so I thought if people wanted them here in the UK, I would import say, 10 sets, and I could offset the import VAT, which means they'd be cheaper.

However, until I have a price from the supplier, I can't say exactly what the price would be per set.

Yeah, if you could get rid of that VAT i will definatly have some.

Although i dont want smoked lights, does he just have normal coloured lenses?

i can get the same lights for $312 inc shipping
also the imort tax etc will be around £35 god knows why you paid 70ish
iv just had a few clutches sent to me and they were only £88 import and value was $1300

also theres a german seller with them in stock 286 euros inc delivery with no import tax

so unless your man can come down on price loads its not worth it

even with this guy Audi A4 S4 RS4 B7 sedan LED tail lights 05 06 07 08 on eBay (end time 29-Mar-11 01:11:54 BST)

your only lookin at £300 with shipping and inport tax

Last edited:
i can get the same lights for $312 inc shipping
also the imort tax etc will be around £35 god knows why you paid 70ish
iv just had a few clutches sent to me and they were only £88 import and value was $1300

also theres a german seller with them in stock 286 euros inc delivery with no import tax

so unless your man can come down on price loads its not worth it

even with this guy Audi A4 S4 RS4 B7 sedan LED tail lights 05 06 07 08 on eBay (end time 29-Mar-11 01:11:54 BST)

your only lookin at £300 with shipping and inport tax

Hi Bez, do you have a link to the guys you've mentioned
Thanks
mac

well i do at home on on phone at min
but i dint realy want to take the OP's busniess from him as its his group buy