Installing Double Din Sat Nav

Mike_R

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

First of all thanks to all that helped with my sat nav query. I was going to with the RNS-E but did last min bid for a Pioneer HD1-BT, which i won. Happy with it even though the track name wont display in the DIS but its no biggie. (I currently have the CD/Tape Symphony System)

Next question. How do I go about installing the kit. Do I need to buy the fascia kit from the link below, again from ebay. Can anyone recommend any others or are they all the same. The link below has the keys to pull the system out where as some don’t have them. Obviously as the fascia is on display i want it to look good.

Double Din Fascia fitting kit for Audi A4 CT23AU01 on eBay (end time 12-Mar-11 13:25:41 GMT)

Is it worth me having a go myself or should i take it audio centre and let them do it. Is it pretty straight forward, as from what ive read pioneer’s fit in quite well, with lack of hassle.

Any help / guide would be great.

Thanks

Mike

Hi guys

any help on this

bought a hd1 bt pioneer. Need to know the leads I need to buy. I have with the system a gpa antenna

I beleive I need a harness adaptor , aerial adaptor, double din facia.

I have found a place that will fit the system but they have mentioned that the harness I need is around 40 pounds. My system is the symphany system. Dont think it bose but could someone confirm that as some audio centres so I have rear bose system.

If somone could name the products and id I nned that would be great

am going to the garage this afternoon to have it installed and dont really want to bem robbed

thanks guys

Hi guys

any help on this

bought a hd1 bt pioneer. Need to know the leads I need to buy. I have with the system a gpa antenna

I beleive I need a harness adaptor , aerial adaptor, double din facia.

I have found a place that will fit the system but they have mentioned that the harness I need is around 40 pounds. My system is the symphany system. Dont think it bose but could someone confirm that as some audio centres so I have rear bose system.

If somone could name the products and id I nned that would be great

am going to the garage this afternoon to have it installed and dont really want to bem robbed

thanks guys

You cant have partial Bose. You either have Bose or you dont. Its quite simple, does your speakers say Bose on it? If not, expect yourself to have a normal sound sytem which amplifies only the rear speakers. The front speakers are not amplified.

You will need a wiring harness which doesen't come cheap and an ariel adapter yes.

The facia can't really help with, never used one except in my last A3 but that was perfectly fine.

thanks for the help. I told the car chap that its not bose but he was determined that it was rear bose only rather than rear amplified.

ive seen wiring harness for 15 to 20. it was only halfords who said I had full bose therefore chargin me 50 for harness for the wire.

hoepfully gave it all sorted by tonight and will post some pics tonight

The guy you're speaking to knows feck all. Bose is bose, you don't have half and half in the B6/B7.

I think the guy is thinking of the old B5s which had a stupid rear amp just for the rear speakers. If you front speakers say Bose on them then you have Bose. What you probably need considering you've already got a double din head unit is a quad lock to iso adapter.

I think people are tryin to nmake some extra dosh out of me by chucking all these things in

will I require the quad lock adaptor and harness adaptor or just 1 or the other. the chap did mention that the quad lock. I just thought it was some more speil.

I have to put in the system tomorrow now as am still at work. any more advice would be great.

any more adivie on actual product name would be great. ie pc9 401 for the harness adaptor