HIDs fitted, what about main beams???

Triple.O.G

Reaction score
Ok so i have had the day off and decided without being on a time limit i could easily manage to fit my HID 8000k kit myself.

As you can see below i managed it and here is the outcome.

HIDs2.jpg

HIDs5.jpg

HIDs1.jpg

My issue now is my main beams!

HIDs4.jpg

Is this the case for everyone? I thought your main beams got disconnected and your HID's did both?

If not then what bulbs can i use to replace my main beams to rid my car of the nasty yellow!

Very nice mate, arent the 8000kelvin ones illegal though?

How long did they take you to fit, do you have auto lights? if so do they still work ok with those?

You can come and fit mine if you like:yes:

I dont think there illegal? there is an Astra VXR near me who must have 12k or something mad, there are just pure blue.

Look silly.

You come to me and bring all the tools and ill do em for you, there actually not very hard.

took me about 2 hours but i didn't have the right drill bit for the light casing covers so that took me quite some time. no i dont have auto lights so cant comment.

for yours highs call hids direct tell them what you have and they will supply you some highs to match the colour and sides and fogs
thats what i did there not hids but look prety dam close on colour

cant rember was ages ago
around £25 for fogs high and sides i think maybe more now tho im goin back 2 year ish

thats not bad, i need fogs and highs.

Im looking on website now.

better off calling him will be faster and he will sort right ones
that web site is crap lol
just checked invoice for high fog and side i paid £34 inc postage was in dec 2009 tho

I will do but im not ordering today, being spending a small fortune on car lately, just ordered lower springs for rear too :)

haha im the same
after u left the other day took mune for a wash and intank pump ****** up on my £270 lighter and the SB stage 3 goin in today
im gonna have to stop

Ha ha ****** hell, you spend way too much money.

Def time to stop i think.

Wasnt a good day for you all in was it?

Back to the question...

Genuine 'bi-xenon' headlights have a metal flap which flicks out the way to give high beam. So on dipped beam most of the emitted light is reflected back. As you have conventional headlights they won't work this way.

Ah, that'd be it then, never mind, Bez's plan sounds good to me.

Is it normal that the light right infront of the car is so bright it almost looks as though there only shining at the ground? No one has flashed me and i went down a dark road and i could see but just infront of the bumper about 4ft is very bright.

Really HIDs shouldn't be put into halogen lens'. They are technically illegal as they don't provide light in the right way and blins other drivers although the Police tend to have higher priorities, they could stop you and force them to be changed.

Im aware if all the illegal/ legal stuff with these but without jinxing it, I'm not concerned.

My tints cause more of an issue but seem not to.

Most of the police round here have a good philosophy, give the sh*threads sh*t and leave the good people alone as long as there not doing anything major.

My hids don't actually blind people, iv not had anyone flash me and I had my mate test them by driving past me a few times. There quite good.

Really HIDs shouldn't be put into halogen lens'. They are technically illegal as they don't provide light in the right way and blins other drivers although the Police tend to have higher priorities, they could stop you and force them to be changed.

The technicalities of HID's are quite beyond what you say Wrath.

HID's should only be:
- utilised in appropriate projector lenses
- be connected to a self levelling system
- in effect sit behind a headlight washer system

That said, you'll generally find you won't have an issue unless you happen to find an anal Police Officer, or indeed MOT tester.

If I were you - I'd fit the same kit to the headlights (albeit with the correct bulb type)..........and fit LED side lights too!

Oh - and don't forget to fit a kit to the fogs too ;)

Ha ha do they not like em on Audizine. those guys can do some serious flaming. its all abit much for me tbh.

Fogs are next :)

Is it normal that the light right infront of the car is so bright it almost looks as though there only shining at the ground? No one has flashed me and i went down a dark road and i could see but just infront of the bumper about 4ft is very bright.
Maybe the HID light is really bright infront of the car, so it looks like there isn't a lot of light ahead, even though there is more?

I think thats what it is mate, when i first went out it was only dusk so abit hard to tell but went out at night and could see great so it must be that.

Hmmm, just gone out in car tonight, put my lights on and got a dash warning that my right dipped headlight was out. Turned them off and back on again and it worked?

Anyone else had this issue and no what could be causing it? Poor connection or bad location for decoder / ballast.