Where to buy LED number plate bulbs

Triple.O.G

Reaction score
As above please, i just need to know which will fit and not throw up error codes, have my side lights and HID's so dont want any yellow on the car.

Also might aswell change the fogs. can anyone suggest an LED bulb that will fit the fogs withour canbus error.

Thanks guys.

No where, i have tired about 5 different places, ranging from £10 LED's to non error £40.00 LED's.

The B7's always seem to throw up the error, unless you fit resistors.

Aw thats wanky bum, i thought you could get some.

What about Fogs? i think iv read you can fit sidelight LEDs in them? fitted mine the other day and they are amazing but now i hate yellow light.

Looks gruby.

Fit HID fog lights like i have...! I LOVE them.

357qbrk.jpg

to

11u9bly.jpg

They look mint mate, where did you ge them and do they throw up any error codes?

I got them from Ebay, and no there are no error codes.

What bulb are the fogs again? H11's or H7s? Just ebay ''HID HX X0000K'' the first X being the type of bulb and the second X being the colour rating i.e 6000k or 8000k.

It was a 5 minute job changing them over, taking off the belly pan etc and installing the ballasts using cable ties under the front bumper etc.

I'll check that out, will normal LED sidelights not just pop in?I'm sure iv seen people on here do that? Much simpler.

Just make sure that they are CAN BUS compliant lamps - then no faults, mine work OK. if you fit resistor's make sure they are attached to metal body NOT plastic otherwise will melt and poss fire hazzard !?!@:crying:

Last edited:
I'm not messing with resistors, I will just get can bus side lights, I have just put them in my actually side lights and no errors so I'll get some of those. Are they H7?

Thanks guys.

I'm not messing with resistors, I will just get can bus side lights, I have just put them in my actually side lights and no errors so I'll get some of those. Are they H7?

Thanks guys.

For what? Alot of cars dont even have fogs, these sidelight bulbs are very bright i think they will be fine. ill post pics now.

Yeah I think they'll be ok, if you turn on just your sidelights in the middle of the day you get a big White/reflection from whatever your parked infront of. I can't believe the difference they make!

wow, they're bright...should be fine as fogs then I would've thought?

I see you've changed your sig now too Raz, ha ha it reads like mine except you got the big boy engine :) It's had alot done!!

What K hids you got and are your DRL's White?

They're the Original Audi Adaptive xenons (i.e. they move as you turn corners to highlight the way you're going better), not sure on the K rating.

The DRL function only turns the sidelights on, they're not seperate LEDs as on the B8 audis. Hence why I wanted to get whiter bulbs in there.

Ah I see, my mate has them on his S3.

I like my Tdi but if we had a second car I'd change mine and get a 3.2, I love the noise they make. The problem with a turbo for me is that there is every point in modifying them and for that reason only I will.

There's no point tuning a 3.2 so a simple cat back and I'm done. Save some cash!!

Ha ha NO!, i told the Mrs when i bought this car that because its a diesel i wont be doing anything to it.

Look at my Sig, it says otherwise HA HA HA!