Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Headlamp switch illumination.

Hi all, my car has the Xenon lights with auto switch, I have noticed that the part of the switch that is auto is not illuminated like the other parts. This morning I left home whilst it was still dark and when I unlocked the car I saw the auto part illuminated green for about 5 seconds! So my question is, should it be green? and how do I replace the bulb??

Cheers, Phil

2. # ADS
    ADS

VAG Addict

Status
    I would imagine that it's lit by an LED and will be a sealed unit. There was a thread about the small dot on the dial it's self seeming to fail on a lot of headlight switches so it would seem that failing LEDs or ones that work intermittently are common place with these units.

For the record the little dot on mines works intermittently too but Im not overly bothered about it.
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

1st Gear

Status
    Hmmm, little dot, I guess I don't have that either....

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dubdemand View Post
    There was a thread about the small dot on the dial it's self seeming to fail on a lot of headlight switches so it would seem that failing LEDs or ones that work intermittently are common place with these units.
    Dubdemand, this drives me mad and I want to fix it. I have had a search and cannot find the thread. Could you post a link please?

VAG Addict

Status
    Sorry fella i don't have it - just remember reading the thread...
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

1st Gear

Status
    Hey guys, jsut to confirm, is the "auto" part illuminated or not??

5th Gear

Status
    Had a look at mine last night, I noticed that only the sidelights sign was illuminated, when turned to full headlights it does not show green. Is this just normal behaviour?
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

loves quattro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilMill63 View Post
    Hey guys, jsut to confirm, is the "auto" part illuminated or not??
    Mine lights.

I had to have the whole switch assembly replaced under warranty cos the 'bulb' behind the sidelight logo failed.....