Audi A4 keyblade

littlekev74

Reaction score
Does anyone know anywhere i could get a keyblade for my A4 cut to key number. Ive bought a second hand key but i need to get a blade to match the car then i can get the immobiliser coded at Audi???

Does anyone know anywhere i could get a keyblade for my A4 cut to key number. Ive bought a second hand key but i need to get a blade to match the car then i can get the immobiliser coded at Audi???

Hi,

I asked this same question on another forum. I was told that a second hand transponder (if already coded to another vehicle) cannot be re coded to your car, these are code once only. You can get the remote to work the doors and a key re cut.

Here is the full response:

Well, there's two parts to what the key does. It controls the remote central locking and the alarm, and it operates the immobiliser.

The radio control for the locking can be recoded to another car.

The transponder is a one time use only, so cannot be recoded to another car.

So, to get the key you're thinking of buying off ebay to work with your car, you'll need a new blade cut for your locks, and you'll need to have a new transponder fitted to it.

Oh, and you'll need the Secret Key Code for the immobiliser and the right software and leads to code the keyfob and the transponder.

An automotive locksmith should be able to do both of these for you.

Hope this helps, I have been quoted £100 for a new key & £50 to be coded by Audi Derby.

Ady

I used to work in a vw dealer and i recoded a few second hand keys by switching the blade over but maybe its not possible with the newer models. I will give it a try and if it doesnt work then i will maybe just have to get a new one. I will get in touch with KLCK and let you guys know how i get on. Thanks for replies