AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Best tryes for 2004 Audi S4 (235/40)

the front tyres of my S4 need replacing soon and I struggle to decide between Michelin Pilot Sports, Goodyear Eagles and Pirelli's? In terms of overall performance, ride and longevity what is the best compromise? ANy expereince with these tyres?

Thanks

Simon

2. # ADS
    ADS

VAG Addict

Status
    Round rubber ones would be best IMO lol

From experience i would go with goodyears. Ran them for years on my Leon cupra r and found them to perform better and last long than the Pirelli's it came with.

Currently got Bridgestones on our avant and they aren't bad but cost more than the goodyears so will prob go back to them next time.

Hope that helps?
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

6th Gear

Status
    Goodyears too soft, too expensive and they dont last five minutes.

You want Vredestein ultra sessantas!

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

5th Gear

Status
    Vredestein for the win.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

4th Gear

Status
    Another vote for vredesteins
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm running Goodyear Eagle F1 Assemtrics and I find they are very good in the wet. I got them at a great price so they were a no brainer. Here is a link to the Auto Express 2010 tyre test think the Goodyears came in 3rd.
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale

Neutral

Status
    would have never thought that vredestain would be that good - interesting. My initial preference would have been the michelins but will definetely consider the sessantas. thanks guys

2nd Gear

Status
    I have Pilot Sport 3's on mine and i am very pleased with them.
    B6 S4 4.2L V8 Cabriolet Black Manual Quad Milltek Non Res

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by solaris View Post
    I'm running Goodyear Eagle F1 Assemtrics and I find they are very good in the wet. I got them at a great price so they were a no brainer. Here is a link to the Auto Express 2010 tyre test think the Goodyears came in 3rd.
    I have the same, been running 2 on the front for quite some time and got 14k out of them, still quite a bit of tread left but had to buy more as I had a nail through one! So now have 4 new ones all round.

I used to have Conti Contactsport 2's which I loved but they don't last no where near as long.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

4th Gear

Status
    I went from Michelin PS2's to Vredesteins and if anything they are slightly better than the Michelins, for about half the price.
    RNS-E retrofitted

Reverse Gear

Status
    No one has mentioned the Dunlop Sport Maxx TT's. Does anyone rate them? I think they are very grippy but i have only got 9000 miles out of them. Its worth mentioning they are all i have ever known.

What should you expect to get out of the Vredestein ultra sessantas?

4th Gear

Status
    10-15k, depending how you drive.
    RNS-E retrofitted

On my 3rd A4! RS4 next???

Status
    I have sport maxx not sure if they're TT but rate them. Cheap too. I've done 7000 on them so far and they look less than 50% worn.

Had verdestines on my 2.5tqs some years ago, albeit ultratrac and was quite pleasantly surprised. Decided to stick with a premium name this time though.

Chris

6th Gear

Status
    I find the problem now though is that because vredesteins are becoming well known and selling better they are putting the price up on a daily basis, the price is starting to catch up with the more expensive brands now.

Soon vredesteins wont be a cheap alternative, and i will switch back to continetal sport contact 2/3s

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

Flat Out

Status
    I have used Avon ZZ3's on my A4 and find them brilliant. Also used Kumho Ecsta on the wifes A3 sportback, another tyre that is good but going up in price daily due to the popularity.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris79 View Post
    I have sport maxx not sure if they're TT but rate them. Cheap too. I've done 7000 on them so far and they look less than 50% worn.
    Chris
    Where can you get them cheap. 6 months ago they were 130 a corner but now they are 150. Looks like i need to take a look at my driving style!

Reverse Gear

Status
    i ran goodyear eagle f1's on my previous car (Mk3 GTI) for most of its life, over 10 years.

any tyre wont last a dime if you rag it in and out of corners and take off from the lights like a jet fighter.

the f1's ran for around 25,000 miles (rotated at least once) and the grip in damp, wet and monsoon conditions was amazing, dry grip was as good as any other tyre.

bridgestones i hated, no grip in the dry

dunlops ok, not the best in the wet but still ok

pirellis were hard and therefore not very grippy when pushed, still a good choice.

never used any other tyre on any of my cars...

... my a4 due a pair of 235/40 18" boots and im most likely going to get the f1's. ive seen them somewhere for 149ea valve and fitted, hi-q sell them at 155 at the moment, a few blaggers reckon they can get them for a ton each, but im still waiting.