solaris

Reaction score
sneak peek at whats coming

DSC01325.jpg

Yes its the K04..but not any old k04

DSC01342.jpg

have you got all supportin mods to go with the 04

Which FK's are those mate?

Also whats your expected power output with the new turbine?

Ooooh, looks great. Same idea as I'm going for, FKs and a K04. A build diary would be fantastic :)

have you got all supportin mods to go with the 04

I've already got S3 injectors, a very nicely built custom downpipe, we've already spoken about the dv relocation (cheers for that Bez101). i'm also runing a HPFP with my current map, I think that's it unless im missing something?

so did you go hybred if you did i know what your gonna make who sorted the turbo for you ?
turbo dynamics ?
nice choice in FK's
have you sorted a clutch yet
iv got a guy in southbend for some good prices

Last edited:
god you change your sig quick
O.G.

lol just dont let ur lass fiddle with it
they seem to break things

so did you go hybred if you did i know what your gonna make who sorted the turbo for you ?
turbo dynamics ?
nice choice in FK's
have you sorted a clutch yet
iv got a guy in southbend for some good prices

Yep Turbo Dynamics, what kind of power do they make?
...And yes I was looking for a clutch, was going with clutchmasters FX300 ..what kind of price can you get the southbend for?

depending on your map look around 400 @ 24psi
but you will defo kill the clutch on the map day and you may wanna think about rods its worth the thought
FX300 is a very good choice but it you want the oem feel go southbend stage 2 daily inc smfw take upto 400tq
iv used both and for that oem feel got to be SB $1150 delivered
was quoted £1200 from a uk based shop i wont name them

depending on your map look around 400 @ 24psi
but you will defo kill the clutch on the map day and you may wanna think about rods its worth the thought
FX300 is a very good choice but it you want the oem feel go southbend stage 2 daily inc smfw take upto 400tq
iv used both and for that oem feel got to be SB $1150 delivered
was quoted £1200 from a uk based shop i wont name them

Personally would not run 400 on a stock block but its good to know that the turbo will handle that amount of power. So $1150 (£707) for the clutch delivered? does that include all import duty etc etc , where can i order it from?

well iv got 2 on order now
last 1 i got didnt have any import tax on it was declared low value
2 before 1 was £27 tax and the other £38
hopefully this 1 will be low or zero tax
ill get your the email address for andrew at SB tmoro as its on my other lappy

$1137 = £721.61 thats what rate i got

sweet i'll look forwards to the email, what are the benefits of using the single mass flywheel? do you get any chatter?
Who does your mapping?

small amount of chatter smfw stronger
a friend does my maps useing a well known tuners maps

Would be very interested to see how this turns out, have been considering a k04 conversion or even a gt28 for some time now!

Great more goodies for my build

Turbo intake silicone pipe by 034 Motorsport

10e9bc5d.jpg

601f02bb.jpg

Not a fan of EBC so thought i'd give these a go

2e5d5381.jpg

1x RAI Motorsport 4" to 3" down pipe with custom K04 flange

1c73f93b.jpg

Last edited:
Right, some more goodies have arrived, I should be ready for my build soon !!!
S3 injectors

DSC01381.jpg

Front mount intercooler

b0d932cf.jpg

Is a FMIC required for a K04? Or is it just better with one?

And please keep us updated on your build! I want to do the same :)

Is a FMIC required for a K04? Or is it just better with one?

And please keep us updated on your build! I want to do the same :)
It's not required to have a FMIC however since the K04 will be pushing a lot more air I don't think the standard side mounts will be efficient enough to cool the air.

Once I’ve completed the build I’m going to post up a dairy/build thread with part numbers and instructions. I feel It's the least I can do since this forum and the people on here have been ever so helpful.

Will be keeping an eye out for it!

All the best with the build mate, looks like you've got nearly everything! :drool:

witch fmic did you go for link

witch fmic did you go for link

I went for the ATP FMIC i was contemplating buying an eBay intercooler but I wasn't very happy with the quality of the cores. The ATP core is a hell of alot better and its rated to handle the flow requirements of a larger turbo than the K04.

Quick question Solaris, if you know much about it, but would it not be better to go for RS4 injectors over S3 ones?

Just a random thought I had lol.

the rs4 injectors dont match up to the s3 in any way

Yet I've seen the americans use them. Don't get me wrong I don't know the specifics of it, just that they're both FSI based engines, but as for flow characteristics, engine management and physical connection issues thats all a little beyond me just yet. I do know of RS4 Injectors up for sale for £50 each at the moment though...lol.

Quick question Solaris, if you know much about it, but would it not be better to go for RS4 injectors over S3 ones?

Just a random thought I had lol.

AFAIK The difference is s3 injectors flow more fuel than the RS4 ones however the RS4 have a better atomisation/spray pattern. The S3 injectors are adequate for the power i’m aiming for. The RS4 injectors would be more suited to bigger framed turbo.

Sweet, intercooler has returned from being anodised in black. I'm trying to keep everything stock OEM as possible. You definately wont notice this intercooler behind the grill. Enjoy:-

7f4e168c.jpg

Just spotted this now, looks like a good project, can't wait to see the results.

have you found anyone yet to do the live mapping ?

well he always makes time for me and my mates
if you need his number ill sort it you

Solaris,

If you are getting rid of your standard intercoolers I would be interested in your LH intercooler and mounting bracket?

I am just looking to fit a K04 to my Sprint Blue DTM at moment. SO watching with interest here.

Barry.