Retro fits

Triple.O.G

Reaction score
Right im trying to get a sticky going of all the possible retro fits for the B7 A4.

Thought it would be a good idea to have one place where people can go check out what can be retro fitted, get parts numbers, prices and a how hard to do guide from other members.

I'll start with:

Ambient Lighting which is 3/10 to fit and cost £13.03 from audi Parts

Cruise Control - £90 for the hardware on eBay plus Vagcom coding - not fitted it yet so not sure on difficulty

RNSE Sat Nav - Audi ones are about £600 and can be gotten anywhere, not sure on fitting difficulty?

Can everyone add to this whatever you can and links to fitting guides if you have them

Thanks Geezers.

Not sure about current RNS-E prices, but I got mine for £350ish. Very easy to fit. I just ordered a 2011 disc from naviupdates.co.uk for £40, I'll post the results when it comes.

Really? i thought they were much more?

Yeah def let me know on disk as ill order one myself.

To be honest mate, I wouldn't fit one again, as a satnav system you can get something a lot better for less money (not built in). They only come into their own if you have all the extras, Bluetooth etc fitted, which is just more money.

To be honest mate, I wouldn't fit one again, as a satnav system you can get something a lot better for less money (not built in). They only come into their own if you have all the extras, Bluetooth etc fitted, which is just more money.

i agree but its oem anything stuck to the B7 dash looks ****
and the discs from naviupdates are spot on iv got 4 on order now there more or less oem

I have to agree with Lee, i hate wires hangind down my dash and bits of stuff stuck on but i would say that cos im lucky enough to have factory rnse and bluetooth.

good to have a few peoples opinion on though.

I Agree that it looks good and I also hate anything spoiling the look with wires etc. I just think it's expensive and as a sat nav isnt great.

It is alot of money, and its not that great, finding industrial estates can be a right ar*e without full postcodes!