2.7tdi + st3

Silverfoxxxx

Reaction score
Hi,
Iv'e just ordered an St3 box from fr-rtuning for my 2.7tdi avant and the stated gain is + 40 bhp and + 100 lbs torque, I was wondering what this will equate too driving experience wise. Should I be expecting a massive difference in acceleration, speed or just a better delivery of power through the rev range?

First bit of tuning kit I've bought so unsure if 40 bhp is much for such a big heavy car.

Thanks.

I dont knwo what an ST3 tuning box is but 100lb of torque is a huge amount, are you sure its not 100nm?

40bhp will have a very noticable differnce and the pulling power from the extra torque will be ridiculous.

If all goes well with it i'd say you will be very happy.

Im pretty certain it will be nm, still alot, let us know how good it is when you have it fitted.

Got the maps back for the unit today, loaded the fast road map onto the car and popped out for a quick 40 mile trip and all I can say is wow. Pulls and pulls now and rockets away from stand still. Now goes like I hoped it would when I bought it.. Any idea how maps effect the mpg on the dis?, I returned 45mpg on that trip and although stuck in a bit of traffic managed to floor it a few times. I used to only get 32mpg on a run like that.
If the mpg is true with the extra power I'm well chuffed.

You usually do get better MPG with a remap as the car with run more efficiently and smoother, from 32mpg to 45 sounds like alot, i would suggest its a little optamistic but tbh you cant rely on the trip computer anyway.

They are liars ha ha.

Glad your happy with it mate, where did you buy it from?

I got the St3 box from fr-rtuning, came with 2 maps for £315. Always thought the mpg on the display was out anyway, on the low side as I could only get 40mpg on a 90 mile motorway run at 80mph with no right foot action. I'll test it next time I fill up, somewhere in the middle of both figures will be fine.

Also I assume being the v6 engine that I won't be needing to upgrade anything for this stage 1 map I.e clutch?, as this seems to be an issue for some after reading the forum on the 2.0 tdi's.

You should be fine mate but with such a gain in torque just keep an eye on it.

Any idea if anything else is prone to go on these engines when you start to add a bit more power??

On the 2.7 i couldn't say mate? try searching it or a start a new thread to ask around.

Quick update getting 32 mpg which is pretty good as the novelty factor is is full flow so lots of right foot down, very quick from low down revs, about 1500 and keeps going until just before the red line. Also great for motorway driving as 6th gear pulls well for overtaking.

So i'm impressed so far.

To be honest once you have it remapped i tend to find the trip computer pretty much worthless.

I fill up and it says i have 600miles in the tank, i tested this for a whole tank by driving as carefully, slowly and efficiently as possible and the best i could do was just over 400 miles.

Its a guide and thats all, im not sure how accurate it is when you have a remap as i dont think it would recognise the new map, but i could be wrong.Perhaps the trip computer only works based on the standard setup.

Anyone have any ideas?

The trip computer is definately wrong since remap, I worked the mpg out myself. It seems accurate when your foots on the gas but it climbs to quickly when your just pottering along in traffic.

Your trip computer should in theory be acurate as it calculates the amount of fuel in the tank by mpg which is the correct calculation but they are rubbish.

Mine also tells me 600 - 650 but i actually get just over 400, thats on a 2.0 140