Fitting Ambient lighting, anyone done it?

Triple.O.G

Reaction score
Guys, ordered my Ambient lighting LED from audi today which im collecting friday, anyone know how to fit it cos I ant got a clue :banghead:

I know I know, I keep you guys on your toes :scared2:

easy
take the cover off
you will see the 2 marks where to drill
you will see where the unlt clips in and then the 2 wires you will see the prongs
off hand i think its a 5mm hole you need

DRILL???? woah woah woah no you guys dont understand. I cannot be let loose with a drill in my car ha ha.

5mm, ok i can do that, so the wires are just hanging there? any particular connector i need and do you know what colour they are?

Thanks. Oh, does the ambient lighting come on with the side lights or do i have to turn it on?

PM me your email address i'll send you the illustrated instructions.

**** EDIT -Sorry lads - These were for my B5 S4 and the 8L S3, not sure if it will be correct for the B7****

Last edited:
Just did this mod today on my a3
managed to short something and blew a fuse, anyone know which one i might have blown

says FUSE
above my mileage

and the ESP yellow triangle light stays on too :S lol

I read your post mate, not sure what you did but i hope i dont make the same mistake, finding which fuse is the culprit can be a right ****.

should come with a set of instructions.. its really simple.. the inside of the light cover even has two circles for where to drill.. its a cool wee mod when driving at night. especially on roads without road side lighting...

I checked instructions this aft and it does look very easy, pics when done.

has any one got a how to do on this i want to do it but not sure whats involved

I have now mate, PM me your email and I'll forward it when I get in.