Running lumpy bad idle loss of power :(

cwuk2001

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to the forum I wish I could have joined and told you all how happy I am and how great my audi is but unfortunately I'm a little upset lol

I bought my audi a4 s line 2.0 tdi 140 last Saturday picked her up Tuesday and was well impressed! 12 months mot 6 months tax and a 12 month RAC warranty..
Drove fine pulled great performance was brilliant up until Friday!
:(
As I was driving home from work I noticed a lack in power but believed I was used to it already. When picking the other half up from work that night I noticed power had definitely gone! Once stood still ticking over whole car shaking! The engine was making a horrible noise like it's missing!?
When I try to drive it hard it try's to pick up then shakes like there's sone kind of blockage or restriction!?

I'm really worried and don't no where to start! I have visually checked under the bonnet but cant see anything!

Please help!!!!! :(

1st off you have a RAC warranty so you may be ok

could be a split hose air leak
maybe an injector
bad maf caouls be any number of things
needs scanning for fault codes but use the warranty

ok thanks...
its really frustrating as i havent even officially owned the car a week!
do you think it would b something bad?
injectors seem to be commin in this shape and engine dont they?

Get it straight back to the seller mate, its their problem. I don't think the warranty will come into effect yet, i think they will argue its a pre existing condition after that short space of time. No matter what, its not your problem. Good luck with it.
I think the injector fault results in the car cutting out, so it may not be that.

Ok so I returned the car back to the garage where he did a live map or something apparently it's showing number 2 injector being at 0...!? He told me this means that is where the problems at. He's now telling me to collect the car and take it to an approved garage of the rac warranty conpanys choice which they have pointed me in the direction of halfords auto centre..

Does that sound correct hence the missing, loss of power and running lumpy!?

Regards

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHA shall i carry on
what the halfords to sort a injector
u need to watch them changeing a bulb or battery *** that made my day

Last edited by a moderator:
and yes you would get that problem with a fked injector

Good job it's under warranty, ££££££
I think the RAC are tied in with halfords. I'd fight your corner to get it to the Main Dealer though.