Need some help installing OBC

andye26

Reaction score
Hi
I recently purchased a 2006 A4 3.0TDI but the car has no On Board Computer yet it has Cruise Control is this normal?

I would like to add the OBC and from what I can work out all I need is a new wiper stalk?

Does the wiper stalk from a B6 a4 fit as the only part number I can seem to find if for a B6, If someone can verifty the part number that would be great.

One last thing I have seen a few Compatable (not original manufacturer) B6 stalks for good money, If the B6 stalk fits would this be a good idea?

Regards
Andy

PS I have access to VCDS

Any TPS or audi dealer parts dept will help you find the part number for the stalk. It is a retrofit kit and well known about. If you want to fit the Washer bottle level sensor the part numbers for the sensor and Bung for the bottle are Washer bottle sensor - 7M0 919 376
Contact Housing - 1J0 973 202

I thinkk the stalk is different for a B6. My Stalk cost £80, about a year ago.

If you def need the part number PM me and I'll digg the box out it came in as I stored the old stalk in it.

ATB, Bdub

b6 will fit b7 never seen a non OEM stalk tho

Many thanks
Is the washer bottle pre wired or do I need to run a cable through the bulkhead?

Andy

If you don't currently get a warning in your dis screen that your washer fluid is low then it wont be pre wired. If you do then you don't have to worry about wiring up the sensor (or grounding the pin if you don't want the sensor).

You will be able to see a bung and a wire coming from your screenwash tank if it has the sensor.

Mines prewired as i get a warning and i can see the wire going from the bottle back to the back of the engine bay. I haven't fitted OBC yet tho

Only just got the car so havent run out of water yet:)
Looks a bit of a job ..Do you think its worth the effort?

One other thing, Can the outer door rubbers be replaced? My drivers door has a bit of damage to the outer rubber and as such can be pulled back a bit exposing some coroded metal, Also making the rubber look blistered.

Thank for the help
Andy

Just completed OBC and RNS-E upgrade all went well and vag com coded without any problems.
The wiper stalk was not a genuine Audi part but works perfectly and very hard to tell its not genuine and was also nice and cheap £24 delivered new

Thanks again
Andy

link?

Reactions: 20pricey11
Thats a ****** bargain. This will work on B7?

Argh, that link has really tempted me now.

What options does it add, on my old A3 it used to let me cycle through, MPG average, MPG current, Miles to empty, driving time

Does this give you any more on the B7?

Very much the same.... 2 on board computes one long term and the other for single journeys
I needed the reset button to cycle trip or rns-e directions on the dash display
At that price you cant go wrong tho

Andy