EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Wheels don't fit!!

I bought some alloys off ebay that are off a 2010 model a4. I put them on my a4 b7 cab and they don't fit the offset is different by 9mm. I have been advised that I could get spacers and longer wheel nuts for them to fit. However, I was advised against this as the mechanic says it is disturbing the overall physics of the car and will not only compromise the drive but also safety may be a factor.

Should I get some new wheels or shall I risk spacers and longer wheel nuts??

2. # ADS
    ADS

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 786Yaali View Post
    I bought some alloys off ebay that are off a 2010 model a4. I put them on my a4 b7 cab and they don't fit the offset is different by 9mm. I have been advised that I could get spacers and longer wheel nuts for them to fit. However, I was advised against this as the mechanic says it is disturbing the overall physics of the car and will not only compromise the drive but also safety may be a factor.

Should I get some new wheels or shall I risk spacers and longer wheel nuts??

Bull crap.. Running spacer's is fine ,(2 year's on spacer's) What offset are the new wheel's.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Et 52

1st Gear

Status
    The car is an Audi!......I would have had concerns running spacers on my old Fiesta..

Ok there might be some extra load on the bearings (possibly and I am no expert) but nothing to be concerned about. I read alot about this before I got spacers on mine.........fact is many people as CMD has said........spacers run fine - I have read nothing to suggest otherwise in forums etc.....no comments came up on forums saying their bearings have worn or other suspension parts are damaged because of spacers.....

correct me if I am wrong?
    Last edited by Fast3000; 10th February 2011 at 11:06.

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 786Yaali View Post
    Et 52
    Et52 you will need 10-15 mm spacer's.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    Get some hubcentric spacers with a centre bore collar and you'll be fine
    Phantom Black Audi A4 2.0T FSi Quattro S-Line Special Edition
    RS4 grill | S4 mirrors | Tints: 45% sides, 35% rear screen | EasyStreet AutoPilot + AirLift struts/bags | Touareg ET60 9x19" on 215/35/19 all round | 25mm front, 35mm PCD adapters | EBC Red Stuff pads | Red calipers | RS4 pedals | Late-spec clear corner OEM bi-xenons | Leon Cupra R splitter | RNS-E | Ambient lighting | R8 oil cap | Carbonio & more