econ button

aircon off

its stupid isnt it lol when all the other buttons are lit they indicate on!

Lit = ECON on, so it's lit when you selected ECON - seems totally sensible to me?

If you want it lit when the A/C is on then the button should be labelled A/C and not ECON.

the manual states if econ light is lit then econ is off! bit confused. when ive the econ light off the air is freezing cold.

whats the difference between econ and A/C dave??

Last edited:
Air con conditions the air and with climate control can control the temperature no matter the heat outside.

You will notice the difference in summer when it is 25 degrees plus. With the econ lit you will have warm air blowing your face, with Econ off you will get the air con on meaning cold air will fill the cabin.

Econ lit means the air con compressor is switched off so you get a small fuel saving.

rite get ya. cheers..

Editted post as Wrath answered my question.

Econ on helps save fuel a little.

I never really saw the point in econ really.

Its useless when its on anyway as it only lets the air in from outside and disables everything else so whats the point really?

It does not warm anything up if you want it warm and does not cool the air if you want it cold.

You might as well just wind your window down.

eh?

The only thing ECON does is disables the AC compressor (it may also disable recirc, but ive never tried that because its next to useless anyway).

The heating still works perfectly normally, as does the cooling, except it can only cool the car using fresh air from outside, rather than chilled air thats gone thru the AC system. Ie in the middle of summer, then yes, ECON is a bit crap, but no different to any other car without AC. Any other time ours stays on ECON, as i dont see the point wasting petrol to power the compressor and big electric fan, when its 10c outside.