Hi...and help, 140ps TDI / Black edition with standard twins either side?

superjohng

Reaction score
Hi guys,

first of all Hi,

and now help . . have done a search for the last hour and cant find the info I am looking for.

Ben looking at 140ps TDI'S FOR THE PAST WHILE, and one came up today. Only thing is I have a few reservations about it...Its meant to be a 140ps, 2.0 TDI black edition.

It has twin exhausts either side, which I thought only the 170PS came with?
It's defo not a 170ps, as it's an automatic with F1 paddle shift and from reading about I am pretty sure only the 140 came in an automatic option?

I did call the guy and ask, but he said he was sure it was the 140ps, and that the bumper and exhaust had came as standard...mind you he also blabbed something about, it only having one owner, although an "old couple" had it before him?? said that he hadn't realised the paperwork was inside and had applied for a new V5? (sounds well dodge yes!!)

any ideas if the 140ps black edition did come with twins exhausts either side?

thanks!

he realised the paperwork was where ?
the bumper and exhause may have been added after

I have seen some tdi's with pipes either side that ****** me off cos mine are together.My 09 170 sline has them together.

I thought it was just the 170hp diesel that came with the twin pipes but obviously not going on the above... I'm sure the dealer may be able to help answer this or failing that if you have the reg you should be able to find out the engine spec by getting some on line insurance quotes from money super market or similar?

When I called to ask about it,

I asked how many owners, and he said zero......I questioned what he was talking about and he blabbed something about not realising he had the V5 and he had only just found it on the car and, but still had to register it..he has had it 5 months. Weird huh?

Anyways, he has not modified it, and the previous owners were (according to him) and old couple. So unlikely they would have looked around for a rear valance and a twin exhaust either side, you think?

Also he has sent me the pics of interior and I don't see any paddle shift behind the steering wheel, should the s-line be leather or half leather? just wondering because there is no leather by the looks of it. All sounds relatively dodgy to me...

Does or has anyone got a standard 140 with twin exhausts either side?

Twin exhausts either side suggest its got the S4 exhaust on it. I've got the 140 which just has double pipes on one side but have just bought the 2.0t exhaust to convert it to one out of each side. Easily enough done so that's probably what's happened.

S lines come with cloth as standard so nothing dodgy there.

Called Glasgow Audi,

Who Gave me information that it was last serviced at Huntingdon Audi.....the last recorded mileage is 195 911....

It's advertised with 75 347 on it......

Think I will be leaving that alone!

Robbin gits!!

That was a phone call worth making!

Called Glasgow Audi,

Who Gave me information that it was last serviced at Huntingdon Audi.....the last recorded mileage is 195 911....

It's advertised with 75 347 on it......

Think I will be leaving that alone!

Perhaps a second call to Trading Standards would be in order? Good job you took the time to follow it up...

Perhaps a second call to Trading Standards would be in order? Good job you took the time to follow it up...

Please do contact Trading Standards as someone else may buy this car. Not only is it clocked, it's probably been stolen at some point in it's life.

If I were you id post the ad and registration number here. Could stop someone being caught out. Problem is he will probably sell it to some poor unsuspecting person.