AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

AUX Input - Symphony II+/Concert II+

I completed the aux input install detailed in DIY: Aux Input for Symphony II+on my Concert II+, but with a slight modification. Instead of mounting the socket in the dash I chose to route it to the arm rest. My reasoning was that I don't like a cluttered dash (cup holders, phone holders etc...) so this way my media player can be hidden away. The added advantage is the DJ (oldest daughter) can be seated in the back and still control the decks. Just fortunate she has good taste in tunes (Rock!). Pics to follow.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

2nd Gear

Status
    Good work though I think yours is the Symphony 3 not 2.

I want to do this to mine but mine is the 2 so I dont think it will work.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Cruise, Leather, DIS, RNS-E, autodim, MFSW, ambient lights, Bi xenons.

Gone to its new home

Neutral

Status
    Mine is a Concert II+, I think the Symphony has the CD Changer which I don't.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by unikarl View Post
    Good work though I think yours is the Symphony 3 not 2.
    Symphony 3 is what's fitted to the B8 A4.

Later B7 A4's have the Symphony/Concert II+, with early B7's and all B6's having the Symphony/Concert II.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

2nd Gear

Status
    So if I have a concert 2 can the aux input be added?
    2.0 TDI S line.

Cruise, Leather, DIS, RNS-E, autodim, MFSW, ambient lights, Bi xenons.

Gone to its new home

Neutral

Status
    the following link would suggest it's possible as you're basically adding a DIY version of this mod.

Audi Concert II Audio Aux Input - Audi Audio Aux Input - Audi Concert II Audio Aux Input - CD Changer Emulator Store
    A4 (07) 2.0T FSI S Line - Dolphin Grey

Mods: Remap, DIS, Washer Bottle sensor, AUX Input, Ambient Light, Puddle/Warning Lights, Aftermarket SATNAV/DVD, VAG-COM Tweaks.

Future Mods:
    B5 Caps, H&R Springs, 19's

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Symphony 3 is what's fitted to the B8 A4.

Later B7 A4's have the Symphony/Concert II+, with early B7's and all B6's having the Symphony/Concert II.
    Im trying to fit the symphony III part no. 8E0 035 195 AD in to a b7 which has a Concert whjich plays mp3. Will it be avsimple straight swap?

Also i have nokia bluetooth kit connected - wil the symphony work with it?

Thanks

4th Gear

Status
    I have a symphony II+ (the one in this post) which has mp3 support and works fine with my nokia bluetooth carkit

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have a concert II stereo which I was planning on adding a jack in the glove box, does anyone know if I can solder the aux cable into the back of the stereo as I would prefer not to have to pay 30 euro for a aux cable with jack

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Samir Motala View Post
    Im trying to fit the symphony III part no. 8E0 035 195 AD in to a b7
    That's a Symphony II+ not a Symphony III - as proved by the 8E0 prefix.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    I have a concert II stereo which I was planning on adding a jack in the glove box, does anyone know if I can solder the aux cable into the back of the stereo as I would prefer not to have to pay 30 euro for a aux cable with jack
    Only the Concert II+, Symphony II+ and RNS-E support the separate Aux In - with all other Audi radios you would need the CD changer adapter to get an Aux In.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Only the Concert II+, Symphony II+ and RNS-E support the separate Aux In - with all other Audi radios you would need the CD changer adapter to get an Aux In.
    Thanks for the update. My question is what connections at the back of the stereo are the CD inputs left and right
    This guy seems to show how to do it, but not sure why he uses a relay
    An Auxiliary Audio Input to the Audi OEM Head Unit and CD Changer

6th Gear

Status
    Thanks for the update. My question is what connections at the back of the stereo are the CD inputs left and right
    This guy seems to show how to do it, but not sure why he uses a relay
    An Auxiliary Audio Input to the Audi OEM Head Unit and CD Changer
    What's he's doing is putting the relay in the analog audio connection between the CD changer and the head unit - when you throw the additional switch the relay operates so when you select CD on the head unit what it actually receives is the Aux In audio.

So you also have to fit this additional switch to choose between CD changer and Aux In somewhere on the dash - and you can't use a standard Audi dash switch as they are all momentary and not latching.

Reverse Gear

Status
    But the Concert II is a CD Player so I wouldnt have to switch between a multi CD player and the AUX
    Is there a multi CD input and if so can you connect direct to it without the relay using just a jack to jack cable
    3-5mm-font-b-Jack-b-font-Cable-for-MP3-font-b-Car-b-font-Stereo.jpg
    with one end cut and the following connector into the back of the stereo
    redspade2.jpg

6th Gear

Status
    But the Concert II is a CD Player so I wouldnt have to switch between a multi CD player and the AUX
    Yes you would, switching between the internal CD player and the external one is built-in to the firmware (the internal CD is CD1 - or 1 to 6 if it's a changer like on the Symphony - and the external CD changer is CD 7 to 12 (or CD 2 to 7)).

Is there a multi CD input and if so can you connect direct to it without the relay using just a jack to jack cable
    3-5mm-font-b-Jack-b-font-Cable-for-MP3-font-b-Car-b-font-Stereo.jpg
    with one end cut and the following connector into the back of the stereo
    redspade2.jpg
    Nope, the head unit needs to see the correct information on the CD data line to know that there is a CD changer (or emulator) plugged in - without that it won't enable the CD audio input.