B7 S4 understeer

plkettle

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im a new member that has a B7 S4, I have been finding recently that the amount of understeer is spoiling the driving expirience badly

I have read that the newer S4 models had the transfer box changed to a 60:40 split instead of the 50:50 which probably has solved the issue i am seeing.

Does anyone have any expirience of making the car more RWD biased ? im sick of not being able to get the back out and its the only bad thing i find with the car (apart from the fuel consumption of course)

im not sure if anyone has tried pulling the driveshafts and making it RWD only ? or swapped to a later models 60:40 transfer box ?

Any help would be masssively appreciated,

Thanks,
Pete

I can't really help other than to confirm that every review I've read on the B6/B7 S4 states that the understeer is an issue. I think the original Topgear review on the B6 S4 even mentions it! So, I'm sorry to say you may have to learn to live with it - and wind down the window and enjoy that beautiful sound track! ; )

Fitting a RS4 rear ARB reduces understeer and doesn't cost much. Some threads on here and other places about it

I had the RS4 RARB fitted a few weeks ago, dramatically reduces understeer, probably the best mod I have done. Cost around £80-90, took 40 mins to fit.
Highly recommend it.

Mac

I had the RS4 RARB fitted a few weeks ago, dramatically reduces understeer, probably the best mod I have done. Cost around £80-90, took 40 mins to fit.
Highly recommend it.

Mac

Tell me more....where from and how? in essex?

You can buy rom Audi or the price above, my mate's a mechanic in Braintree, he has worked on all my cars or the last 16 years. PM i you want more details.
Mac

There is a company in the states that can change the ratio of the centre differential from the current 2:1 to 4:1. (Note you will need to take out your centre differential and send it to them) What does this mean? ...well The current setup 2:1 diff gives between 33/66 to 66/33 front/rear split. The 4:1 upgrade would allow up to a 20/80 or 80/20 front/rear split. So as you can see the rear torque bias is increased massively.
JH Motorsport