Disaster waiting to happen? B7 2.0TFSI Quattro

Andy_92

Reaction score
Hi guys, first post on this forum (clearly should have joined last year!) and I was wondering if anyone could throw some advice at me...

I've got a 2006 A4 2.0T FSI Quattro S line Special Edition with f/a/s/h and 53k on the clock - and I blo0dy love it if I'm honest! The trouble is, yesterday I found myself sat at the side of the M40 yesterday, in sub-zero temperatures, with a very moany wife and a burnt out clutch for 2 hours - first trouble I've had with it since buying it 12 months ago from the previous owner.

I guess I'm wondering if this is the beginning of my hefty expenses? Is the turbo due to go? The AWD system? The gearbox? I'm not a car expert in any way, and was just hoping anyone out there could help me?

Thanks in advance!

Well I wouldn't expect the clutch to link in with any other problems as such unless there is something related that has caused the clutch to burn out... by the sounds of it you need to have a new clutch put in anyway so it wouldn't hurt to ask the garage to give the drivetrain a once over to determine any other potentials faults?

Depending on the outcome you will either be just looking at clutch replacement due to normal wear and tear or if there is anything else more sinister then you will be in the position to sell the car on fully working and before anything else costly happens!

Think your self lucky you don't have the 170ps tdi engine - there more I read about them on here the more I don't want to know what it might end up costing me further down the line. Think I need to look into aftermarket extended warrenties lol