fmic on a 2.0tfsi?

maka11

Reaction score
i havent seen that many b7's with front mounted intercoolers. i am starting to believe i really need one as my turbo glows red hot on a fast run.
i have been loking at the prices and they are well expensive (600-800£ fitted at least) has anyone got one done cheaper or one done at all?

your turbo will glow red and theres no cheap ones that fit good around £600/800 fitted sounds ok

your turbo will glow red and theres no cheap ones that fit good around £600/800 fitted sounds ok

Is a glowing turbo a big issue sorry if this is a stupid question ?

no issue dont worry about it

Dude,
Adding an intercooler will not stop your turbo from glowing, thats just the exhast temperature that's rising, nothing to worry about. The TFSi engine has higer than normal exhaust temps but the hotside materials used on the stock turbo is built to cope. An intercooler will lower the intake temperature ultimately giving more power however its debatable how much this would benifit a standard turbo especially in this country where the temperature is constantly below 15 degrees C.

i was getting really worried last night is all thinking it was gunna crack or something. i am gunna get an intercooler but i dont think i will just yet.
its only because i have have just remapped it and i thought it was gunna blow up or something especially with the decat pipe aswell. but all that heat and still doesnt spit a little flame for me :(